Princess: First time cruise questions need your help

omaljoann

Ok I am a first time cruiser so have lots of funny questions.

PLanning a Princess cruise to the Med. in October 2011

What is the percentage of peopple that actually dress in tuxedos and long gowns, or otherwise adhere to the formal night dress code?

Do they have theme nights?

If you buy wine in port can you bring it on board, take to room and not pay the $15 uncorking fee. I know they take alcohol away until last day - except wine. I also read they charge $15 dollors to uncork and let you drink it at dinner. No mention of a uncorking fee for drinking in your room.

Any other tips would be wonderful

What is the percentage of peopple that actually dress in tuxedos and long gowns, or otherwise adhere to the formal night dress code?

5.5333%...actually depends. some people are really into dressing up. and getting photos. jacket for guys is normally good. and you can always go to the buffet if you do not want to dress up.

Do they have theme nights?

no

If you buy wine in port can you bring it on board, take to room and not pay the $15 uncorking fee. I know they take alcohol away until last day - except wine. I also read they charge $15 dollors to uncork and let you drink it at dinner. No mention of a uncorking fee for drinking in your room.

don't drink so do not know.

Any other tips would be wonderful

On our last Princess cruise they had no charge for wine consumed in the room.

We found Princess passengers more likely to dress in dark suits, coats and ties and a small amount in tux and long dress. Very few with out coat. Bill

We cruise a lot with Princess (Elite) and, in fact, will be on the Grand next month for 14 days. As far as Tuxes, it really depends on the particular cruise. If you are taking a 7 day Caribbean cruise you will generally find about 25% of men have Tuxes and most of the rest just wear a nice dark suit. There will even be some who will wear blazers. As to wine, Princess does allow passengers to bring aboard a reasonable amount of wine at their embarkation port. Theoretically, they will take your wine at ports during the cruise, but in practice they seem to allow 1 or 2 bottles to slip through when you come back on-board. There is no corkage fee except in the dining room. As to theme nights it tends to vary and when they do have them a majority pay no attention. But, they sometimes will have a 50s night or country night which is usually more about a deck party then anything inside the ship.

Hank

Archived