best route for motion sickness impaired, Cannes to Eze

neverenoughtime

I'll admit it, I'm not the best traveler when it comes to winding, twisty roads. I want to go from Cannes to Eze. If I take the train from Cannes should I get off in Nice to connect to the 82 or 112 Bus-- or go to Eze Bord de Mer and catch the 83 bus? Which route will be best for someone who hates heights and curves:confused:?? BYW, I'm fine once I get there. It's the trip up the mountain I'm worried about! Thanks!!

I'll admit it, I'm not the best traveler when it comes to winding, twisty roads. I want to go from Cannes to Eze. If I take the train from Cannes should I get off in Nice to connect to the 82 or 112 Bus-- or go to Eze Bord de Mer and catch the 83 bus? Which route will be best for someone who hates heights and curves:confused:?? BYW, I'm fine once I get there. It's the trip up the mountain I'm worried about! Thanks!!

If you take the train and change in Nice: you need to walk or take the subway from Nice Ville Train Station to Nice Gare Routière Bus Station...

just to remember.

We drove ourselvels from Eze to Nice: harmless regarding winding roads and curves - very limited.

But to see from Eze Le Village to Eze De la Mer I cannot imagine that it would work without many winding roads.

2007NCEEze10-vi.jpg

Monaco to Eze was also very "harmless".

2007NCEEze08-vi.jpg

Regards

HeinBloed

If you take the train and change in Nice: you need to walk or take the subway from Nice Ville Train Station to Nice Gare Routière Bus Station...

just to remember.

We drove ourselvels from Eze to Nice: harmless regarding winding roads and curves - very limited.

But to see from Eze Le Village to Eze De la Mer I cannot imagine that it would work without many winding roads.

2007NCEEze10-vi.jpg

Monaco to Eze was also very "harmless".

2007NCEEze08-vi.jpg

Regards

HeinBloed

We were there last month. I also get motion sickness, but I did just fine.

We used a private tour company - Revelation Tours - and I sat in the front seat which helps.

Nice, Eze, Saint Paul, all so lovely.

Enjoy!

I would opt for Nice to Eze Village on #82 or #112, as #83 from Eze bord de Mer does go up a steep elevation on twisting, switchback roads. Also, you'll have the option of 2 buses in Nice rather than one in Eze bord de Mer. However, the advantage of Eze bord de Mer is that the train stop and bus stop are at the same location...if you can handle the bus ride up.

I'm not sure of sights to see along the way, but if you don't want to walk between Gare Nice Ville and Gare Routiere, you could take the tram. From the train station, the closest tram stop is Gare Thiers, direction Pont Michel, exit at Cathedral Vieux Ville to access Gare Routiere. Here's a map showing the proximity of the tram stop to Gare Routiere. (The tram stop is the '+' below the bus station.) ... and photos of the tram. Cost is 1 euro and you can use the same ticket to transfer to the bus to Eze Village (as long as you are within the time limit.)

p.s. forgot to add that the tram runs every 5 minutes or so, and is route T1 on the Ligne d'azur website.

Thank you all for your responses! Is there anything of interest to see between the train station and bus station in Nice?

If you download these maps you see what you can expect on the way from the train station to the bus terminal subject you walk and do not take the subway:

http://www.lignedazur.com/ftp/plans_FR/plan%20touristique%2006.05.09.gif

http://www.lignedazur.com/ftp/plans_FR/plan%20touristique%2006.05.09%20p2.gif

Regards

HeinBloed

Archived