Leaving on Triumph--Can't Find Travel Tote Anywhere!!

globe9

Hi Guys,

Posted a message earlier about a good, quality, roller suitcase and after many good replies and advice, I decided on and bought a Delsey Helium Breeze 2.0 21" roller. I LOVE this piece and think it's of very good quality.

I bought my GF a 3 piece American Tourister set from Wally World about 3 years ago. One of the pieces was a small travel tote bag that we have always used for toiletries/makeup/miscellaneous items. It basically has one zipper and 1 main compartment, with some smaller pockets on the inside. It also fits over the handle of her 24" rolling upright. I like the size of this bag and have been looking ALL over for something like it to buy as well.

Have gone to Macy's(had some similar bags but they cost almost $100....sorry, but for what I'm talking about $100 is entirely too much), T.J. Maxx, Marshall's, J.C. Penney, Burlington, Ebags, Wal-Mart, Kmart etc. Can't seem to find what I'm looking for at all. Either the bags they are calling "travel totes" are way too big for what I need or they want $100+, or they just don't have anything at all.

I am becoming very frustrated. I can remember seeing these types of bags all over when I DIDN'T want one...now that I am looking for one, I can't seem to find anything.

The TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Burlington places only had 21" or bigger rolling pieces and duffel bags.

Does anyone have any ideas on where I should look? Does anyone know what I am talking about?:D

Thanks!

Try Bag King dot com and a brand called Travelon. I have the hanging cosmetic bag and it is great. I used the hanging toiletry bag for a while but don't think that one would slide over the handle of a suitcase but would "piggyback".

My MIL was stuck on buying stuff from QVC/HSN for awhile. She loves me and she doesn't travel anymore but she knows I travel a lot so I ended up with all sorts of brand new luggage/tote bags-most of which I have given away-except for the stuff I really liked:).

You may have to buy a set of reasonable price luggage to get the one that fits over the handle of the other luggage. I brought a set from kmart about 7 years ago and like the fact that u can piggyback the carry on. I paid like 50 dollars for the whole set and it has lasted better than the set of american touist that i brought.Hope this helps and have a wonderful cruise.:D

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

I don't really want to buy an entire set of luggage I'll never use just to get the small tote bag. I just bought a Delsey Helium 2.0 21" rolling upright and love it.

The folding toiletry bag won't work either. I have one that my company gave us. It's fine for small bottles/makeup etc. but since I don't need to fly to port, I bring full size shampoo and conditioner, hairspray, contact lens solution, deodorant, etc. These won't fit in the fold over toiletry bag. Also, most toiletry bags I've seen are too small.

Ebags is great. Just ordered a messenger bag from them. They don't seem to have what I'm looking for though. Almost bought a Samsonite Aspire tote bag, but when I saw a pic of the bag on a model, I realized it was a LOT bigger than it appeared in the picture of it by itself. Might be fine over the handle of a 29" bag, but would look ridiculous on a 21" bag.

This seems to be one main problem. All bags called totes/carryons seem to be quite large as in 16" and larger. They show people with a change of clothes, cameras, misc etc. in these bags. Really bigger than I'm looking for. Some even have wheels!

Some that seem to be about the right size cost $75-$100+ dollars...sorry, but that's too much IMO for a bag to hold my shampoo bottles.

Will keep looking. Did see 1 bag at Burlington that was appropriate size, but it was bright green. My 21" is red. I know I may not find a piece to match and I'm fine with that(red, black, tan would be fine with me) but bright green? Nope:)

Anyway, thanks again.

Will keep my eye out.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

I don't really want to buy an entire set of luggage I'll never use just to get the small tote bag. I just bought a Delsey Helium 2.0 21" rolling upright and love it.

The folding toiletry bag won't work either. I have one that my company gave us. It's fine for small bottles/makeup etc. but since I don't need to fly to port, I bring full size shampoo and conditioner, hairspray, contact lens solution, deodorant, etc. These won't fit in the fold over toiletry bag. Also, most toiletry bags I've seen are too small.

Ebags is great. Just ordered a messenger bag from them. They don't seem to have what I'm looking for though. Almost bought a Samsonite Aspire tote bag, but when I saw a pic of the bag on a model, I realized it was a LOT bigger than it appeared in the picture of it by itself. Might be fine over the handle of a 29" bag, but would look ridiculous on a 21" bag.

This seems to be one main problem. All bags called totes/carryons seem to be quite large as in 16" and larger. They show people with a change of clothes, cameras, misc etc. in these bags. Really bigger than I'm looking for. Some even have wheels!

Some that seem to be about the right size cost $75-$100+ dollars...sorry, but that's too much IMO for a bag to hold my shampoo bottles.

Will keep looking. Did see 1 bag at Burlington that was appropriate size, but it was bright green. My 21" is red. I know I may not find a piece to match and I'm fine with that(red, black, tan would be fine with me) but bright green? Nope:)

Anyway, thanks again.

Will keep my eye out.

It sounds to me like you have spent more in time and gas than a hundred dollars. How much more are you willing to spend not to spend one hundred dollars on the bag you want?

It sounds to me like you have spent more in time and gas than a hundred dollars. How much more are you willing to spend not to spend one hundred dollars on the bag you want?

Didn't spend too much on gas as most of my searching has been done online, with the exception of some of the stores like Marshall's, T.J. Maxx, Burlington. I was at these stores anyway however, not just specifically to look for a bag.

Thanks for the reply though.

I have the same Delsey bag you have (I love it), and the matching carryon bag - it's an over-the-shoulder bag, has just the right number of pockets (zippered and not) for my purposes, and travels very well. You can order the matching bag from any place online that carries Delsey. Just my two cents .... :)

Hi Guys,

Posted a message earlier about a good, quality, roller suitcase and after many good replies and advice, I decided on and bought a Delsey Helium Breeze 2.0 21" roller. I LOVE this piece and think it's of very good quality.

I bought my GF a 3 piece American Tourister set from Wally World about 3 years ago. One of the pieces was a small travel tote bag that we have always used for toiletries/makeup/miscellaneous items. It basically has one zipper and 1 main compartment, with some smaller pockets on the inside. It also fits over the handle of her 24" rolling upright. I like the size of this bag and have been looking ALL over for something like it to buy as well.

Have gone to Macy's(had some similar bags but they cost almost $100....sorry, but for what I'm talking about $100 is entirely too much), T.J. Maxx, Marshall's, J.C. Penney, Burlington, Ebags, Wal-Mart, Kmart etc. Can't seem to find what I'm looking for at all. Either the bags they are calling "travel totes" are way too big for what I need or they want $100+, or they just don't have anything at all.

I am becoming very frustrated. I can remember seeing these types of bags all over when I DIDN'T want one...now that I am looking for one, I can't seem to find anything.

The TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Burlington places only had 21" or bigger rolling pieces and duffel bags.

Does anyone have any ideas on where I should look? Does anyone know what I am talking about?:D

Thanks!

Try ebags.com - they have so many many many bags. You just have to do a search to narrow it down.

I have the same Delsey bag you have (I love it), and the matching carryon bag - it's an over-the-shoulder bag, has just the right number of pockets (zippered and not) for my purposes, and travels very well. You can order the matching bag from any place online that carries Delsey. Just my two cents .... :)

Here is a link to the 21" bag I bought...I don't see a matching carryon bag...just a wheeled tote.

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=362348&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

Am I missing it? Thanks for the advice though.

I just got a new L.L Bean catalog today, and they have these: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/4525?page=toiletry-bags

They look pretty nice, and a reasonable price too.

I got my new L.L. Bean catalog today too:D Those are nice. Not sure if they'll be big enough to hold full size shampoo and conditioner, lens solution, deodorant, hairdryer, curling iron, full size toothpaste, etc...since I'm not flying, I'm just bringing full size everything from home.

I LOVE me some L.L. Bean though!!! I still have one of their backpacks from 1987 and it's still going strong!!

I know exactly what you are looking for. We have two of them to match our big suitcases. We bought them from Jansport. We got them at their store but perhaps they have them online. And the price was right too . . . I think they were about 20.00 each. Plus Jansport is excellent quality and really holds up. Course that was their outlet price but good luck!

Try Totes or a Totes outlet store. I just bought a nice bag for only $10. I plan on using mine as my "carry-on" when I board the ship and a purse/tote bag in port and on the beach.

The Totes outlet store I was in sold luggage, travel bags, etc.

DSC00023.jpg.4644b23407abc9d3fd2284f7dd6b205e.jpg

DSC00024.jpg.bed6808e69557a1397d4d99762e1f851.jpg

Archived