Leaving on Triumph--Can't Find Travel Tote Anywhere!!

globe9

Here is a link to the 21" bag I bought...I don't see a matching carryon bag...just a wheeled tote.

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=362348&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

Am I missing it? Thanks for the advice though.

You are exactly right - I have a Delsey Helium Tote Horizontal Reporter Bag; it's not Helium Breeze at all. My mistake! I thought they were the same set; they're the same color, etc. It's a nice bag, if you run across one.

Found this on the Rick Steves website:

www.RickSteves.com

Look under "Travel Store" then "Travel Bags"

The European Shoulder Tote-$39.95

I love Rick so glad we can mentiion him..enjoyed dreaming travel and going to his talks alot in NW..used to have his special Europe train bag dreaming...but I just didn't do it intime and sold it to a friend...now I want to Cruise Europe:):).

I got my new L.L. Bean catalog today too:D Those are nice. Not sure if they'll be big enough to hold full size shampoo and conditioner, lens solution, deodorant, hairdryer, curling iron, full size toothpaste, etc...since I'm not flying, I'm just bringing full size everything from home.

I LOVE me some L.L. Bean though!!! I still have one of their backpacks from 1987 and it's still going strong!!

It's a fun thread..keep us posted..my big purse shape carrey-on from an old American Tourister Costco set fits this bill and sits tightly on top of either roller I now use by slipping over handles and still being/staying upright...holds all bags of bottles I now can carrey on, neck pillow, change of undies book, jewelry case, CDplayer..curling iron..meds..all the "have to haves" and fits under preferred aisle seat with my purse..it is over 20 years old:D..when it dies I am in trouble..sjn911:rolleyes:;):).

Hi Guys,

Posted a message earlier about a good, quality, roller suitcase and after many good replies and advice, I decided on and bought a Delsey Helium Breeze 2.0 21" roller. I LOVE this piece and think it's of very good quality.

I bought my GF a 3 piece American Tourister set from Wally World about 3 years ago. One of the pieces was a small travel tote bag that we have always used for toiletries/makeup/miscellaneous items. It basically has one zipper and 1 main compartment, with some smaller pockets on the inside. It also fits over the handle of her 24" rolling upright. I like the size of this bag and have been looking ALL over for something like it to buy as well.

Have gone to Macy's(had some similar bags but they cost almost $100....sorry, but for what I'm talking about $100 is entirely too much), T.J. Maxx, Marshall's, J.C. Penney, Burlington, Ebags, Wal-Mart, Kmart etc. Can't seem to find what I'm looking for at all. Either the bags they are calling "travel totes" are way too big for what I need or they want $100+, or they just don't have anything at all.

I am becoming very frustrated. I can remember seeing these types of bags all over when I DIDN'T want one...now that I am looking for one, I can't seem to find anything.

The TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Burlington places only had 21" or bigger rolling pieces and duffel bags.

Does anyone have any ideas on where I should look? Does anyone know what I am talking about?:D

Thanks!

The American Tourister website has a few that I saw. Not sure if it is exactly what you are looking for though.

http://americantouristerluggageset.com/category/american-tourister-bags/

The American Tourister website has a few that I saw. Not sure if it is exactly what you are looking for though.

http://americantouristerluggageset.com/category/american-tourister-bags/

Globe the Green Apple here is obviously the new versaion of my carryon tote...nicer if the right size and fits your needs..the short straps hook over roller so well...Importat things could stand upright..with the liquid rules more of a moot point now...sjn.

Thanks hazeleyez3.

Archived