13 Year old fitting in at Circle "C" on Freedom

Sarmty

My son is going to have just turned 13 when we sail on Carnival Freedom in October. He is immature and very socially awkward. I am really struggling with how he is going to fit in at Circle "C". Do the counselors try to help with all the kids getting along. I guess my fear is that he is bullied at school and I really don't want that to happen on vacation too!

Also, are most of the activities supervised? Going back to the maturity issue, I really don't want him roaming the ship with a pack of kids.

I guess I should have done more research before we booked this cruise. 2 years ago we took our first cruise on the Sensation and he loved the kids programs - I didn't realize they changed format as the kids get older.

Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has the schedule that would be great!

Thanks

My daughter was 13 on our last cruise. She is very mature for her age BUT is very quiet and shy. I worried about her and circle C too. She had a blast and ended up making a lot of friends (I want to say more than she has here at home). While the activites are going on the is a counselor present and very involved gttting all the kids interacting together. The only time they were unsupervised was during the scavenger hunts (but they were put into groups) and when the activity was over then they are jusdt free to go. MYself or my husband always went and met up with here after the activites because I did not want her walking the ship alone. She has a great time I am sure your son will to.

Don't forget, the older teens will probably not use the club too much. Don't transfer your anxiety. I know, easy to say. But, everyone shows up not knowing anyone. If he meets just one or two kids to play video games with, he'll be fine. The staff will not allow anyone to be left out or treated unkindly.

• 2 weeks later...

why dont you go to the roll call and see if you can find a buddy for him to meet the first night. Also , not all the older kids are trouble, my son actually hung out with the younger crowd last cruise he said they had better personalities. he had just turned 15 so its not like he was a lot older.

Archived