Alcohol in Space Saver Bag?

globe9

I havent cruised in more than four years and they talking bout you have to leave your bags unlocked at the pier
You cannot be required to leave your bags unlocked at the pier. If they need to open them, they can contact you to come and unlock them. I would NEVER leave my bags unlocked.

That's what I was saying bout leaving my bags unlocked. Ive always lock my bags even at the airport. I wait for them to scan them at the airport then I go. But all my posts on Carnival everyone is saying you have to leave your bags unlocked. To me thats a security problem cause you know when they bring your bags to your room they are left outside in hall way any one can go thru your bags. But I used to smuggle my liquor on board. But this trip already bought a bottle thru Bon Voyage. But will carry on some Pepsi's cause I know they have Coke products n I prefer Pepsi.:)

all my posts on Carnival everyone is saying you have to leave your bags unlocked
Not true. From Carnival's website FAQ:
We suggest all luggage be unlocked before turning over to the porters in order to avoid any inconvenience to you or delay in delivering the luggage to your stateroom. Should you choose not to unlock your bags and prohibited items are found during screening, your luggage will be retained until you can open it in front of security personnel

I am still rolling on the floor laughing about the tampon box. Now that is innovative. How about a big box of depends with our stash in the middle. You have opened up a whole new can of worms - I mean ideas. Or maybe a box of ideas.

Good luck with the booze - cruised twice - successfull smuggler both times - neither time enough smuggled to matter - but I'm like you - a drink while I dressing for dinner is nice.

The last two cruises I've been on (Victory-May 2009, Caribbean Princess-Feb 2010) I've had no problem bringing on soft drinks, beer or rum. In San Juan, the port liquor store tells you to put your purchase in your carry-on or back pack. In St. Thomas we brought on 2 six packs of beer. In Barbados, we purchased more beer and a fifth of Mt Gay rum. Not once has anyone said anything about our purchases when our bags were scanned when returning to the boat.

I think you will find that Carnival has become much more relaxed regarding their liquor policy. Bar receipts are a big profit center for the industry but I think they would rather fill their ships and have you drink your own booze than not have you on their ships.

and wants to keep it cold all the time, Im an AVON rep and came across this in my current book and instantly thought of many cruise critic members who might like it.

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?pf_id=39435&level1_id=300&level2_id=615&pdept_id=624&dept_id=0&brochure_page=p892.html

This can be ordered directly from my online AVON store and shipped direct for anyone who is interested.

Archived