Hilton In Nassau???

hyerpraise

Hello All,

We were looking at doing a day pass at the Hilton. We have two kids (4 & 2) and I received an email from them stating they have sand toys for kids and they also offer $40’s in food vouchers. Is this a decent beach to spend the day at? We are really just looking for some beach time mixed with some pool time. Nothing fancy. Just a fun and relaxing day at the beach.

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

M&C

Hello All,

We were looking at doing a day pass at the Hilton. We have two kids (4 & 2) and I received an email from them stating they have sand toys for kids and they also offer $40’s in food vouchers. Is this a decent beach to spend the day at? We are really just looking for some beach time mixed with some pool time. Nothing fancy. Just a fun and relaxing day at the beach.

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

M&C

It is a tiny beach right by the pier. (It is the hotel just to your right when you dock)

It is a business hotel, so not many other kids around.

More of a quiet, adult, read a book by the pool or on the beach, under a palapa kind of day.

It is the closest, easiest to get to from the ship. (15 minute walk, tops)

Many people with kids choose the $25 daypass at the Sheraton on cable beach, with the bigger beach and bigger pools and waterslides, etc...

Your kids are so young, it probably won't matter which you choose.

Bill

The Hilton would be a good choice for you, it is a very relaxing day and peaceful too, we booked in advance and saved some money, instead of walking up and paying then. The advance booking includes 30 in vouchers, don't believe the hotel gives you 40, children 6 to 12 were cheaper and under that free.

Hello All,

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

M&C

We were there 3 weeks ago. Make sure you print and bring a copy of the email with you stating it is a $40pp voucher. It is only supposed to be $30pp, but we had the email they sent stating it was $40 and they honored it only because I showed it to them. They also took the email and kept it. If you don't mention to them that you have the email stating $40 you will only get $30. They called the concierge over to look at the email, and he told them to honor it.

We enjoyed our stay. It was a quiet relaxing beach day. It's nothing fancy, just a nice beach with a rectangular pool, but they have lifeguards. They give you towels. They have beach floats, pool floats, and sand toys. There are palm trees, and tiki umbrellas for shade and there are little tables for your drinks. There were also hammocks in the garden area. The beach also looked like it was raked. The water is clear, calm and is not rocky. You can also walk there from the ship. As far as the food and beverage voucher goes, you run a tab at the outdoor grill. We had lunch with 2 sodas each (they are in plastic cups) and then had a few frozen drinks and gave the balance to the server as a tip. Most items for lunch were around $15 (some a little more, or less, most were $15). Sodas were $3, and drinks were in the $7-$10 range.

I was interested in the same thing and the website said that you had to e-mail or call them in order to get info.

Have people been able to book online or did they have to provide a credit card # in the e-mail or call to provide?

How much was it per person? We will be there only half a day so I don't know if it will be worth it for us since there will be 4 adults and a 2 1/2 year old.

Thanks!

I was interested in the same thing and the website said that you had to e-mail or call them in order to get info.

Have people been able to book online or did they have to provide a credit card # in the e-mail or call to provide?

How much was it per person? We will be there only half a day so I don't know if it will be worth it for us since there will be 4 adults and a 2 1/2 year old.

Thanks!

I found out it's $50 per person if you book online (but I have not found how to do that yet) and that includes a $30 food/drink credit. It's $55 at the hotel desk. Not a bad deal, actually. We'll do it! I have written them to ask how I get to the on-line booking.

I found out it's $50 per person if you book online (but I have not found how to do that yet) and that includes a $30 food/drink credit. It's $55 at the hotel desk. Not a bad deal, actually. We'll do it! I have written them to ask how I get to the on-line booking.

you book thru island marketing .. not the hilton.

Just an FYI.. Island Marketing doesn't give a refund if you are rained out.. if your timing might not be great weather.. the extra $5 you pay as a walk in may not be a bad thing.

Both include a $30 voucher.

This is in contract.........

In the event that your Ship will not be able to visit the Port of Nassau, or your tour is cancelled by the Operator due to inclement weather your deposit will be 100% refunded (Limited to your particular Cruise not visiting the Port during your Cruise. Refunds do not apply to a change in arrival time, or change of arrival date if your tour has been rescheduled by our Company for the charged arrival date and/or time).

Does anyone have any experience were the tour was cancelled. Do they never cancel tour, and this is empty promise? I was assuming the tour would be cancelled and refunded for stormy (ie windy, lightning, complete washout) but that we would not get money back if it is raining off and on or just drizzling. I figured I could drink at tiki bar in that case.

Anyone?

Thanks

April

This is in contract.........

In the event that your Ship will not be able to visit the Port of Nassau, or your tour is cancelled by the Operator due to inclement weather your deposit will be 100% refunded (Limited to your particular Cruise not visiting the Port during your Cruise. Refunds do not apply to a change in arrival time, or change of arrival date if your tour has been rescheduled by our Company for the charged arrival date and/or time).

Does anyone have any experience were the tour was cancelled. Do they never cancel tour, and this is empty promise? I was assuming the tour would be cancelled and refunded for stormy (ie windy, lightning, complete washout) but that we would not get money back if it is raining off and on or just drizzling. I figured I could drink at tiki bar in that case.

Anyone?

Thanks

April

The cancelling for weather is about your ship not docking due to weather.

(which RARELY happens in Nassau other than reroute due to impending/passing hurricane.)

If you dock and it is pouring rain that day, the pool and beach will be open. Just not as enjoyable....

Personally, I would take scubagirl's advice and pay the extra $5 if you get the same vouchers either way.

Bill

you book thru island marketing .. not the hilton.

Just an FYI.. Island Marketing doesn't give a refund if you are rained out.. if your timing might not be great weather.. the extra $5 you pay as a walk in may not be a bad thing.

Both include a $30 voucher.

Good to know; thanks!

I know this is the closest hotel to the dock but did I read somewhere that it was the quietest too? Does it have everything we need for a day of sun, etc.? Is it better than the Sheraton? Is the Sheraton further away?

The Hilton is a small property with a small quiet private beach and pool no bigger than my backyard pool. It's a business hotel, not a resort, so you won't find bingo and sumo wrestling by the pool.

YOu WILL find poolside drink service, a quiet relaxing pool, hammocks in the garden and PEACE> There's a Patio bar and grill, Palapas on the beach, chaise and umbrellas poolside and a couple of kayaks to play with.

If you need activity, this is not for you.

Personally, I love it here, but you have to want a nice relaxing day and not need to be entertained.

Sheraton is more of a real Resort feel.

The sheraton is about 5 miles up Bay Street. You'll need transportation. Either a Jitney bus ($1.25) or cab ($5pp)

emailed the hotel and island marketing and no answer after about a week.

Scubagirl, do you think we will be fine Sunday just walking up and getting the daypass - 6 adults and 1 2 year old :)

thanks!

Cannot wait to fly to Orlando Friday and start the cruise Saturday.

emailed the hotel and island marketing and no answer after about a week.

Scubagirl, do you think we will be fine Sunday just walking up and getting the daypass - 6 adults and 1 2 year old :)

thanks!

Cannot wait to fly to Orlando Friday and start the cruise Saturday.

This time of year you shouldn't have a problem getting in anywhere (except the wyndham which is closed). Have fun

This time of year you shouldn't have a problem getting in anywhere (except the wyndham which is closed). Have fun

thank you. I appreciate all of your posts that have helped us decide what to do in Nassau. have a good one!

whenever we have stopped in nassua we would walk over the the Colonial Hilton and pay $15 per person. That gave us use of chair, umbrella and towel. clean beach, small but we like it there. It's so convenient and they have a nice beach bar Menu. PLUS they have a professional and friendly staff AND ...... a Fresh Water HEATED Pool!

The Hilton is a small property with a small quiet private beach and pool no bigger than my backyard pool. It's a business hotel, not a resort, so you won't find bingo and sumo wrestling by the pool.

YOu WILL find poolside drink service, a quiet relaxing pool, hammocks in the garden and PEACE> There's a Patio bar and grill, Palapas on the beach, chaise and umbrellas poolside and a couple of kayaks to play with.

If you need activity, this is not for you.

Personally, I love it here, but you have to want a nice relaxing day and not need to be entertained.

That sounds perfect! Thanks!

whenever we have stopped in nassua we would walk over the the Colonial Hilton and pay $15 per person. That gave us use of chair, umbrella and towel. clean beach, small but we like it there. It's so convenient and they have a nice beach bar Menu. PLUS they have a professional and friendly staff AND ...... a Fresh Water HEATED Pool!

so $15 without meals or $55 plus $30 meal credit with?

Hello, Hope someone who has been to British Colonial Hilton can answer a few questions. I understand there are lockers and changing rooms at BCH. Do you have to pay for the lockers? Are there shower facility's available ?

Also we made our reservations in advance with Island Marketing hoping weather will be sunny.If it is raining can we still walk there and have lunch with our voucher? Is there any place else you can eat other than their outdoor patio if it is raining?

Thank- you

Hello, Hope someone who has been to British Colonial Hilton can answer a few questions. I understand there are lockers and changing rooms at BCH. Do you have to pay for the lockers? Are there shower facility's available ?

Also we made our reservations in advance with Island Marketing hoping weather will be sunny.If it is raining can we still walk there and have lunch with our voucher? Is there any place else you can eat other than their outdoor patio if it is raining?

Thank- you

There are no lockers and changing/showering facilities and the Hilton.

There is a large (and very clean) restroom in the lobby that you can use to change to street clothes. You must cover up to come inside to get to this restroom, as it is in the public area near the restaurant.

There are showers on the steps from the beach to wash the salt water and sand off.

I don't know what they do as far as rainy weather. I'm not sure they made concessions for day pass users in the rain. The patio grill is covered, but they may let you inside. Depends on the time of day, I suppose.

Archived