Carnival / NCL Past Guests Discounts

djede

Hi

In talking with my cousin she mentioned going on a cruise out out New Orleans . I had no intention on going until I saw the prices $489+ for NCL and $399+ Carnival . She is leaning towards the Carnival but maybe willing to do the NCL

I was wondering if anyone knew the past guest discounts for either

Thanks in advance

Ed

There is no percentage discount for being a past guest on Carnival. There might be a past guest discount ... but it will probably be as high as ES. You cant combine two different rates with carnival. So, if you are seeing $399, and thats the lowest price ... that probably is the lowest price.

Past guest is often offered closer to the date of the cruise to fill the ship. If its a cruise more than a year away, its almost never offered.

There is no percentage discount for being a past guest on Carnival. There might be a past guest discount ... but it will probably be as high as ES. You cant combine two different rates with carnival. So, if you are seeing $399, and thats the lowest price ... that probably is the lowest price.

Past guest is often offered closer to the date of the cruise to fill the ship. If its a cruise more than a year away, its almost never offered.

I go it on my last Carnival and my last RCC oh well I guess it will be a wait and see thing

Thanks

Ed

I go it on my last Carnival and my last RCC oh well I guess it will be a wait and see thing

Thanks

Ed

Past guest used to be one of the best rates ... until ES rates came along. Now its not the best rate usually. ..at least its not usually until ES rate drops off. Check out some rates yourself and see and compare.

Thanks

Ed

Like Firefly said, it's not a discount, just a rate code. You have a variety of options when you book: early saver, past guest, fun saver and fun select, among others. We booked the past guest rate for our upcoming cruise. It was about $50 more than the early saver rate at the time. Once the early saver rate disappeared, the past guest rate was the cheapest until the resident rate appeared.

djede - Past guest Rate is offered only some of the time (if at all) on a given cruise - you have to catch it when it's offered. It's not a "fixed" percentage discount and varies; it often in accompanied with a several cabin upgrade at time of booking, as in "book a 4A and get a 4D". ken

Archived