An "AH-HA" moment

catrick

Things I learned from my first cruise:

-Ice cold water can be purchased steps off the boat for $1 or less (great for bringing back on to the boat, or to drink on excursions)

-Art Auction - great place for free booze as well as to people watch! Also good chances as winning prizes.

-bring two swimsuits if you plan to swim two days in a row - one may not have dried in time to use it comfortably the next day

-clear packing tape is needed to put your room number tags onto your suitcases

-have big enough beach bags for all of your stuff (as well as stuff you might buy in port)

My husband is 6'4" and taking a shower in our stateroom was like him trying to squeeze in to a tuna can! A few cruises back my husband had an ah-ha moment while visiting the spa. The showers in there are huge compared to the ones in the staterooms. He has taken his showers in there ever since :-)... Curious if anyone else has had the lightbulb come on for an idea to get around common little problems while cruising that others may haven't thought of yet that you would like to share.

When I figuired I could buy my own cruise ship - hire a crew of 900 and sail around the world......then reality set in!!!!!!!

msts

One of my many AH-HA moments was realizing that the jogging track is nowhere near as good as walking/jogging the promenade deck. First 3 days of my cruise I felt like a hamster on a wheel with a hundred other hamsters and sun worshippers ...and then hubby discovered the promenade;)

I would love to use the Prom deck for my morning power walks, but I have to get past the smokers who use one side and that's a real problem for me.

My husband is 6'4" and taking a shower in our stateroom was like him trying to squeeze in to a tuna can! A few cruises back my husband had an ah-ha moment while visiting the spa. The showers in there are huge compared to the ones in the staterooms. He has taken his showers in there ever since :-)... Curious if anyone else has had the lightbulb come on for an idea to get around common little problems while cruising that others may haven't thought of yet that you would like to share.

My first ah-ha moment was when I learned that you can have the wait-staff bring a cheese plate to the table every night before you even sit down. Something nice to munch on while waiting for the food to come.

Second one was using the big towels from the locker room and not having to bother with handing over my sea pass to "rent" a towel by the pool.

My a-ha moments were realizing how to properly 'weave' my towel onto my deck chair so that it doesn't blow off when you get up for 2 seconds & to take a pillow from the cabin to use on said deck chair (strange looks when you're wandering around with your pillow under your arm but then the looks of a-ha on everyone elses face when you get nice and cozy... just beware of dozing off!)

2nd a-ha moment - don't take stainless steel travel mugs / water bottles for use on deck... it will burn your hands when you're basking in the 100+ degree heat!

3rd a-ha moment - wearing your Oasis inaugural lanyard or hat on another ship will get ALOT of interest from the crew (and quicker bar service... go figure!)

Archived