Opera march 19, gay ok?

nestor01

My boy friend and I are considering taking the March 19 Opera cruise. We were wondering if there will be any other gay/lesbian couples going at the same time and if so would they like to arrange a communal table?

Additionally this will be the first cruise we have been on and were wondering if formal nights were too stuffy and would we feel comfortable? Dress code is what?

Welcome - you can be sure that there will be other FOD cruisers on board - there will be a meeting every day published in the daily program - if for any reason there is not then immediately speak to the Cruise Director who will remedy matters.

If you would like to dine with others you meet at the FOD gettogether then you should be able to arrange this by liasing with the others and requesting a change of table from the restaurant manager/maitre'D.

I didn't find Lirica stuffy even on formal nights, the Caribbean cruises will be even less so I would think.

Kevin, one of the more extrovert of the many gay guys on Lirica translatantic, wore a studded dog collar instead of a bow tie on formal nights and no one objected.

If you are reading this Kevin may I take this opportunity to say how much we all enjoyed your company and witty conversation.

If you want to be conventional then formal nights will be a business style suit, some other suit, or a tux. Otherwise you might like to be inventive.

I would say jeans/shorts/t shirts would not be appropriate but ANY sort of dressy wear will be OK.

I have worn a 1930's boating outfit often, thats a striped blazer, shirt, cravat and white pants. Nice for the Caribbean.

Hint: MSC Officers wear a cream tux with a small red badge of rank on the cuff, so you may wish to avoid a cream tux if you want to not be confused with them.

On the other hand some other sort of sailor suit may be quite fun.

Have a great cruise

Archived