Getting to Bacardi from Old San Juan

SISer

I know one needs to take a ferry and then a bus to Bacardi. Can someone please let me know how frequent the ferry and bus is? Also, what is the bus # that I need to get to Bacardi?

Thanks.

Ferry runs every 1/2 hour, do not know about the bus.

The ferry to Cantano is right by where the cruise ships dock in downtown OSJ. You pay 50 cents to cross. Once you get off the ferry, I recommend following the crowd about a block down the road to the right. There is where taxi's will take you directly to the Bacardi factory. If you go with others, the price is $3 per person. My sister and I stopped to take pics and then went to stand at the bus stop, only to find that the bus doesn't run all that often. Since we didn't go with the others to the taxi area, we had to pay more to grab a cab (van).

When you get ready to leave the factory, stay with the group too, if you want a cheaper fare back. We stayed for a drink and some shopping at the store and we were the only ones ready to go back to the ferry- so again we were told the higher fare./We could have waited for the next tour to end to find others to ride with, but decided not to. The driver ended up charging us the lower fare back even though there was just two of us though.

Either way, it diesn't cost that much to see the factory.

If you are with a few others- the total cost should be $1.00 round trip to Cantano and $6.00 round trip to the Bacardi Factory. You will get a coupon for two free drinks and the tour is free. If there is no one else waiting to catch a cab at the same time, it will cost you a little more ( I can't remember if it was $8 each or $8 for two).

We did the Bacardi tour last November. We were in San Juan for two days precruise and had been there a few times before. So having already toured the old city and visited the forts, we wanted to do something different.

It's very easy to do on your own. We took the ferry - there was quite a few other passengers who were also going to Bacardi. When we arrived on the other side, there was cab drivers pointing you to where you could catch a cab to the factory.

Ferry was 50 cents pp each way. Cab was $3pp each way. Tour was free and came with two drink tickets. It was an inexpensive way to spend a few hours and the ferry ride offers some nice views of the old city.

Archived