KEY WEST - Sandals!!

I Love NC

Years ago a friend brought me a pair of handmade leather "Keno" Sandals from Key West.

They told me they were made by a local family. This was back in 1980's and they were $8.00 pr. and all leather! Comfortable!

Are they still in business there? If so: where abouts in Key West and How are the prices?

Thank you in advance!!!

Kino Sandals are great. Handmade, lace up or not, men or women, and they are very comfortable. When we ported in Key West in January I couldn't find anything in a color that I needed but the time before I bought a couple of pairs. We'll be there again this coming week and I plan to stop in again. They also had handbags when we were there last. The Sandals start around $7 or $8 and I don't think I ever saw a pair higher than $12

I must mention that the leather and suede that they use is very soft and comfortable. I can't wait to get a couple of more pairs next week.

• 6 months later...

We stopped in while there on a cruise and it was so crowded we couldn't even get in the door, much less be able to try anything on. We went back on a land vacation 6 months later, but never made it back to Kino's.

Try going just before you head back to the ship (if they are open then) instead of when everyone is just getting off and heading out. The store is not that far from the dock.

Archived