Best Birthday present ever! Fascination

sharlon

Tuesday was my 40th birthday and my DH gave me the best present ever!!!! I get to go on a cruise with my BFF from childhood! He selected the 2/10/11 sailing of the Fascination.

It isn't booked yet, since he wanted to make sure my schedule was ok. We will be booking this weekend. I haven't cruised Carnival since I graduated high school. In fact, I can't even find my docs so I can register as a past cruiser. :-( Oh well.

I would love any advice y'all want to share on cabins. We are looking at an oceanview guarantee unless someone really thinks we should go ahead and select our cabin. Since I'm not familiar with the ship/cruiseline, I have no preconceived notions about where to be on the ship.

Any other tidbits you would like to share about the Fascination would also be appreciated.

I personally want to choose my cabin. Oceanviews and interrior cabins are both 185 sq. and I would not pay more money for the same size room with just a window added. We had an interrior on the Fantasy which is the same layout as the Fascination and it's big enough for two people and we didn't miss having a window. I am prone to motion sickness so I like midship. We had midship, interrior on the Upper level and have booked the same for the Fascination for next summer.

We sailed her earlier this year and had a 6B, cabin completely aft on Main deck. We liked the location...it was quiet and we could look at the wake as we sailed. The only drawback was that it was a little further from the elevators...and that wasn't much of a negative for us.

In fact, I can't even find my docs so I can register as a past cruiser. :-( Oh well.

It was 7 years between my first two cruises. After I booked, I called Carnival and looked up my past guest info and made sure that I got credit for my first cruise.

Have a great time with your BFF!

It was 7 years between my first two cruises. After I booked, I called Carnival and looked up my past guest info and made sure that I got credit for my first cruise.

Have a great time with your BFF!

I called Carnival and apparently back in the stone ages of 1988, they didn't plan on keeping those records for very long, so no such luck. Oh well.

And things for the well wishes everyone! We are both so excited!

Awww the Fascination, she was my very first cruise out of San Juan to the Southern Caribbean, what a great time it was.

We had a cabin at the very back of the ship, on the Empress deck, it was great to wake up and sit in the window and watch the ships pull in behind her. We were in cabin E244 I loved it!! Enjoy your cruise!!

Tuesday was my 40th birthday and my DH gave me the best present ever!!!! I get to go on a cruise with my BFF from childhood! He selected the 2/10/11 sailing of the Fascination.

It isn't booked yet, since he wanted to make sure my schedule was ok. We will be booking this weekend. I haven't cruised Carnival since I graduated high school. In fact, I can't even find my docs so I can register as a past cruiser. :-( Oh well.

I would love any advice y'all want to share on cabins. We are looking at an oceanview guarantee unless someone really thinks we should go ahead and select our cabin. Since I'm not familiar with the ship/cruiseline, I have no preconceived notions about where to be on the ship.

Any other tidbits you would like to share about the Fascination would also be appreciated.[/quote

First, I bet if you called Carnival and gave them your information and the approximate date you sailed previously they could come up with you information. However, on cruise 2, it probably makes little difference.

Back to your real question. Are you and your friend sharing a cabin? If not, try to get adjoining balcony cabins. Be sure to ask if the divider between the cabins open. Trust me, do not assume they do. If you can afford to step up, go for the suite. BTW, Happy Birthday!

Thanks shoefly1960! I did call Carnival, but it's been so long ago it is prior to their ability to look it up. I have to have either my original ticket or a boarding picture with the sign and sale date. Since I was 17 at the time and sailed with a friend (yep, they allowed that in 1988) and my parents have divorced since then, I've been unable to find it.

My friend and I will be sharing a cabin on this trip, but we are going to go with Oceanview. The cost difference from OV to Balcony is huge and as I've never had a balcony on any of my cruises, I won't be missing anything.

Congrats and of course happy birthday to you. Big 4-0!!!!

We are going on the Facsination on the 24th. We can't wait either. Mainly we are going for our anniversary/honeymoon, but we can say b-days and Christmas are included in this one also. We are in an 8B balcony M123. I sure hope that it is as nice as I have read and been hearing. I don't want the holidays to get here any sooner, but want Feb. to get here tomarrow

Archived