Rhapsody $20 washing bag days

livingstone

I understand that on Rhapsody of the seas there is a 20 dollar bag day for washing. Does anyone have any experience with this and many days after the cruises commences do they have this day. How big is the bag?

On our RCL cruises, it has been midweek. In by the afternoon, and back next afternoon. Form and bag is left in cabin day before the deal is offered. Deal is ONLY for socks/jocks/underwear/nightwear. No shorts or shirts, trousers etc.. Its a wash and fold service, for what you can cram into the small bag. By tightly rolling stuff, you can get fairly good value. Can also do much of your own stuff in cabin bathroom if you wish, and use line provided in shower to drip dry.

Normal laundry and dry cleaning prices and service is always available.

I have never been on a cruise long enough to have to send out any washing. Just a few smalls in the sink that is all.

I think the hot water they use would not be very good for most clothes. Do they damage any ones washing.

Dont understand your Q. Why makes you think that the water is any different and would not be good for clothes???

?

I think the post is suggesting that they use hot water to wash the clothes instead of cold water. We alway use warm water to wash our clothes at home, and they never shink or get damaged. I guess the point they are trying make is that on the ship they would properly use hot water. Correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, you are right. I was more concerned about the very hot water they may use and industrial irons.

How on earth do they separate all the passengers laundry and know which bits belong to whom.

If you've been on a cruise and got home and forgotten your cabin number, just look on the inside or any garment you had laundered and you'll see your cabin number. ;) That's how they remember who's is who.

My DH has a couple of shirts with about 4 cabin numbers written very neatly written on them here and there and each neatly crossed off from the one before....:)

Jillybean:)

Archived