Carnival vacation protection insurance..what else do I need?

Ardied

Just booked online a cruise for Spring break and I purchased the Carnival Vacation Protection Ins. I know I probably still need emergency medical insurance (we are from Alberta). Now I am confused if I should have purchased something different for trip cancellation insurance????

Just booked online a cruise for Spring break and I purchased the Carnival Vacation Protection Ins. I know I probably still need emergency medical insurance (we are from Alberta). Now I am confused if I should have purchased something different for trip cancellation insurance????

The Carnival plan does include $10,000 sickness / $10,000 accident medical coverage. While that will cover 99% of the usual vacation medical situations it's lower than I would want. Also, be aware that if you're going to extend your vacation with a few days at a hotel before or after the cruise you probably won't be covered at all (if you book the pre- or post-cruise stay through CCL I believe the insurance covers those days also but best to check).

I'd do some shopping and see what's available elsewhere and at what cost. You should be able to cancel/decline the CCL policy with no penalty up to the final payment date.

Archived