Hawaii/Tahiti advice

Jodez

Hi, just wondering if anyone can advise me on taking a cruise around Hawaii/Tahiti.

We are a family of 4 from Australia, have only cruised the south pacific before. Looking at going late Dec 2011 or early Jan, there are so many confusing web sites out there :confused:, thought I could trust my friends on CC :) for some handy info.

Thanks

What is the ship you are looking at? Most cruise lines that do the Hawaii-Tahiti route are not large ships with lots of things for kids to do. Princess does this route a few times a year, but I am not sure which ship they are using. If it is one of the small ships (Ocean, Pacific or Royal) there will be very little in the way of things for your kids to do.....no specific kid's club areas, no larger pools for them to play in, etc.

Thanks Lisa,

Oooh...... that doesn't sound good but at least it gives me a starting point. Wasn't sure which ship as we have only ever cruised with P & O and that was huge with lots of things for the kids to do and keep them occupied. Now I need something for the teenagers to do, so maybe I should be looking at ships first and then see where they go and maybe broaden my search. Don't want to do South Pacific or NZ again though. Does anyone have any other suggestions on good value for money cruises?? keeping in mind that we will be coming from Australia.

Thanks, Jodie

The Ocean Princess has some pretty good itineraries during that time period: They have a cruise from Sydney to Tahiti and then the following cruise goes to Honolulu.

The Ocean Princess' kids program according to their website:

Ocean Princess Under 18

With Princess, young kids and teens have their own kind of fun - and their own place to hang out. Our youth and teen centers are fully equipped with everything from the latest video games and movies, to arts and crafts, fooseball tables, board games and jukeboxes. And for the littlest ones, activities like kids' karaoke, pizza parties, pajama nights and more.

Royal Caribbean's Radiance will also be sailing out of Sydney during that time period. Radiance is my favourite ship. They have a dedicated kids club and nice pools. They will only be sailing Australia/NZ and Fiji though.

The Ocean Princess has some pretty good itineraries during that time period: They have a cruise from Sydney to Tahiti and then the following cruise goes to Honolulu.

The Ocean Princess' kids program according to their website:

Royal Caribbean's Radiance will also be sailing out of Sydney during that time period. Radiance is my favourite ship. They have a dedicated kids club and nice pools. They will only be sailing Australia/NZ and Fiji though.

Ocean Princess is one of the little girls, with limited kids facilities. EM

Archived