New Idea for Ships?

ali-ali-oh

My other half has just suggested something that he thinks should be included on the ships and I wondered if anyone else had any ideas. I know similar threads to this have been done in the past.

His idea was to put an extra camera on each side of this ship that could be transmitted through to your TV screen, in the same way the one on the bow does (or does this already happen and we just didn't see it?) That way by flicking chanels you could see what was happening on the other side and what you were missing. My mum thought this would have been a good idea when she went to Alaska because she could hear oh's and ah's from her balcony (don't ask me how her hearing could be that good) but couldn't see what people were actually looking at. Just a suggestion.

Any others?

My mum thought this would have been a good idea when she went to Alaska because she could hear oh's and ah's from her balcony (don't ask me how her hearing could be that good) but couldn't see what people were actually looking at. Just a suggestion.

This is exactly why I say open deck space beats balconies for viewing. In Alaska, and any other place where there is great scenery, the best place is out on open deck, preferably aft or fore with access to either side of the ship, not from a private balcony. This is one of the reasons why I dislike stern balconies (take away public deck space).

I quite agree, I would prefer to be on an open deck too, but sometimes that just isn't possible. My mother cannot stand for long periods of time and on her Alaska trip when sitting up on deck she could not see very well due to the height of the railings and the number of others who also wanted to get a better view (usually in front of her). She said she would have found a camera beneficial when she was taking some time out in her cabin so she wasn't missing some of the beautiful scenery on the other side of the ship.

Archived