Onboard Booking upgrades; Value if booking AQ

peatisback

We booked onboard a previous sailing and the incentive to do so was a two category upgrade and onboard credit.

Prices for our sailing dropped and we were able to rebook from paid C3 (booking into C1) to AQ.

Has anyone had success obtaining an onboard credit or other useful substitution for the upgrade?

We booked onboard a previous sailing and the incentive to do so was a two category upgrade and onboard credit.

Prices for our sailing dropped and we were able to rebook from paid C3 (booking into C1) to AQ.

Has anyone had success obtaining an onboard credit or other useful substitution for the upgrade?

I don't understand the question. Did you lose the OBC by rebooking?

I was able to keep the onboard credit. My question relates to the upgrade- since we're booked into Aqua Class, there's really nowhere to go. I was interested to know if anyone has been able to get a 'substitute' amenity in this type of situation.

I don't understand the question. Did you lose the OBC by rebooking?

I think what you are trying to say is that as you booked on board you received an upgrade at no cost from C3 to C1, however I think the upgrades offered only relate to that class of cabin.

That is a 2c to a 2a or in your instance from C3 to C1.

As Aqua Class is all one category there is nowhere to go,I think it also applies to Suites you cannot get an upgrade from a RS to the PH.

I also believe that you cannot be upgraded from inside to Ocean view.

In real terms you have done better in that you have now reserved an AQ for

less than your Original C3.

Hope this helps.

Correct- there is nowhere to be upgraded from AQ.

My question is if anyone has been successful in getting a substitute amenity in this place, like an onboard credit or something else since the upgrade amenity cannot be used when booking AQ.

I think what you are trying to say is that as you booked on board you received an upgrade at no cost from C3 to C1, however I think the upgrades offered only relate to that class of cabin.

That is a 2c to a 2a or in your instance from C3 to C1.

As Aqua Class is all one category there is nowhere to go,I think it also applies to Suites you cannot get an upgrade from a RS to the PH.

I also believe that you cannot be upgraded from inside to Ocean view.

In real terms you have done better in that you have now reserved an AQ for

less than your Original C3.

Hope this helps.

Archived