So excited.. first balcony

gacruiser

I booked an ES rate for a porthole room on the Freedom months ago and have faithfully been watching for a price drop. No price drop on the PT room , but got a gty balcony today with a military rate for a total of $280 more, for a total of $1100 including taxes etc. I think I did good. First balcony. Have always had inside rooms and once an OV. Was so excited when husband gave the ok to change booking. Now to wait and see which room I get. :)

I booked an ES rate for a porthole room on the Freedom months ago and have faithfully been watching for a price drop. No price drop on the PT room , but got a gty balcony today with a military rate for a total of $280 more, for a total of $1100 including taxes etc. I think I did good. First balcony. Have always had inside rooms and once an OV. Was so excited when husband gave the ok to change booking. Now to wait and see which room I get. :)

You will LOVE having a balcony!!

Good catch! Only trouble is, once you have a balcony, you will be spoiled! How far out is your cruise? We just had our cabin assigned for an IS GTY 45 days out. I will keep an eye out for a deal, but it's only a 2 nt. cruise to nowhere with my best friend, so no biggy!

Balconies are so nice... when the price is right, I prefer them. It's so nice to be able to take a peek outside and get a whiff of fresh air.

An OV cabin is nowhere near as good. I would tell anyone contemplating an OV to choose a balcony instead, or if they are too expensive, then save some money and get an inside.

Good catch! Only trouble is, once you have a balcony, you will be spoiled! How far out is your cruise? We just had our cabin assigned for an IS GTY 45 days out. I will keep an eye out for a deal, but it's only a 2 nt. cruise to nowhere with my best friend, so no biggy!

We sail in 50 days. Halloween

Our first cruise was an Aft balcony and we are soooo hooked. I don't think we can ever go to a different type of room now. We have thought about future cruises to save a little money, but it's not really that much of a savings and it's so worth the view! :p

good job :). as posted above you will love the balcony and be hooked for more of them on your cruises. i have yet too regret booking a inside cabin for the money value, but a good upgrade is icing on the cake. enjoy and have a wonderful time.

Archived