If anyone has any questions about an atrium stateroom (QM2), let me know.

david2673

Hello, We just got back from a magnificent trip abord the QM2. We were upgraded to an atrium stateroom so if you have any questions please feel free to ask away. Everyone here was so helpful in answering my questions I would like to return the favor.

David

Hi David

Welcome back.

In your opinion, if you had to pay instead of an upgrade do you think this inside cabin is worth the money compared to a regular inside cabin? I was invited onboard QM2 in April when she was in NY and popped into an Atrium cabin. The 1st thing I noticed was a woman waving to me from an Atrium cabin across the lobby. I would think you would need your blinds down most of the time.

MK

David,

Tell us..... was it strange to look across to another cabin? Did you feel like you had to keep the curtains closed at all times? If so, was there a sense of daylight/nightime and the outside weather?

Michael

Yes, you do have to keep the blinds down throughout the cruise unless you want to give those across the way a good show. No idea of outside weather or day or night. The location of the cabins is excellent however, but I wouldn't spend the extra money for an atrium cabin again.

I found it nice to be able to hear the music from the Grand Lobby floating up as I was getting dressed for dinner.

Hi David,

It was an fantastic cruise wasn't it. The first night was a bit rought but otherwise an excellent trip. I was disappointed that we didn't have an informal night since I had packed several dress shirts & ties. Did you take any shore exchursions? We took the deluxe island tour in St. Marten and I wouldn't book that again, it was one of the worst I've been on.

Bruce

MK

I would have to agree with Atticus, for privacy the blinds would have to be closed most of the time and the view into the atrium was the same regardless of the time or weather conditions. The benefits of the atrium room were the music coming up from the lobby, and the close proximity to the buffet (only a few steps up the stairs and you are there). I actually found myself looking at the front of the ship channel on the tv more often than looking out the window. I also looked in a D6 catagory statroom and didn't notice any difference other than the window. I sincerely thank cunard for the upgrade and it was greatly appreciated, but for my money the next time I book (which will be soon) it will be a D6. If you have any other questions please feel free to write me.

David

Archived