Ecotours/Bak-a-Back/Coral Breezes

bridetobe53108

We are considering these 3 boating tours for our trip to Belize in November.

Ecotours seems like the best deal, because it is $60 for 5 hours. But I can't seem to find any reviews on people who used this company for the river boat tour. Also, I'm not sure if it is an airboat, or what.

I read somewhere that Carnival uses Bak-A-Back. Can anyone verify that?

I have read good reviews on the CB riverboat tour.

Do these tours transport you to the river in a bus? Is it a tour as well?

Thanks for any information!

We went on the Altun Ha/ River Wallace tour w/ Carnival. They use Bak-A-Bush for this tour. Transportation to the river depends on which group you're in. half of our group went on the river tour first. We got into the boat right from the pier and went to the river. It took about 20 min, then we were on the river for about 2hrs. We saw manatees, crocks, iguanas, monkees. We then stopped at the Black Orchid resort for lunch (plan on $10pp for lunch). It's not air conditioned, BTW. We were there about 1 1/2 hrs until the bus showed up. When it did the other half of the Carnival group got out to eat lunch and do the river while the rest of us got on the bus and went to ALtun ha (the bus has A/C). It is HOT! 93 degrees at 7am Belize time. We were the 1st tender off and 2nd to last back w/no shopping time. I know Carnival says it's 5.5 hrs, but plan on the full day. We really wished we had chosen a dif excursion. It was neat learning about the country and culture. My ds loves archeology so we did this for him, but he was a lil disappointed. The heat/humidity was so oppressive that we all wished we had done a water excursion instead.

Thanks a lot for the information. I cannot believe that they don't have AC on the buses! We are going in November, so it shouldn't be so bad. But still, I know my husband isn't going to be happy about that!

When you are on the bus, is it a guided tour, like they talk the whole time?

The bus does have A/C, the Black Orchid resort does not. The boat has what they call "natural A/C", meaning wind when they drive very fast. I'm not usually one to complain about the heat, but many people don't tolerate this heat well, so I thought I'd warn ya. It is a guided tour. The guides are very good about explaining the culture and landmarks. One even sang part of their national anthem for us. They also explain Mayan history and their various national symbols. You get a great explaination of their ecology and environment on the boat ride as well.

We are considering these 3 boating tours for our trip to Belize in November.

Ecotours seems like the best deal, because it is $60 for 5 hours. But I can't seem to find any reviews on people who used this company for the river boat tour. Also, I'm not sure if it is an airboat, or what.

I read somewhere that Carnival uses Bak-A-Back. Can anyone verify that?

I have read good reviews on the CB riverboat tour.

Do these tours transport you to the river in a bus? Is it a tour as well?

Thanks for any information!

Yep, Carnival does use Bak-A-Bush Tours. My wife and I did the Airboat Adventure and Belize City Tour through Carnival that was operated by Bak-A-Bush:

10726_539454856217_23603605_31048598_3809239_n.jpg

Archived