Liberty aft cabin help

BethCarp

After weeks and weeks of scouring A/I resorts in Mexico, I think we're just going to cruise since we know we love it. I just looked at the cruise we're interested in and there are several aft cabins available (both D1 and JS). Guide me here, I'd really like to snatch one of these up before they're gone.

We've previously sailed on the Enchantment with a JS aft. Fabulous, we loved it! We liked the bigger room with the two kids. And we enjoyed the JS perk of priority boarding. BUT, I am now a Platinum member so we get priority boarding anyway, right? So I'm thinking we might be good with a D1 on Liberty. It's a little smaller, but I think we might be ok.

But what about JS perks? Is there anything that we will miss even though we have Platinum status? Are the JS aft balconies really better than the D1 balconies? Can anyone tell me of an Aft cabin to avoid? I remember hearing about obstructions and soot before. I can tell from a few pictures, that we'll see some of the ships structure behind us whereas on Enchantment, there was nothing back there but ocean.

Thanks for you help! I'm normally up to speed on all things Royal Caribbean, but I literally just changed direction about 30 minutes ago and want to get one of these cabins.

Be a little careful because of the stucture back there.The higher the cabin, the better.

Agreed! If you can get any of the cabins on 10, you'll be happy. My favorites are 1700 and 1400. The cabin is HUGE (with an interesting structural feature in the room) and a very nice-sized balcony.

Thanks, I went ahead and held one of the JS on deck 10. I'm not seeing the aft D1 available now, but I figure we can always downgrade to a regular room and we'll still be happy.

Any other comments on Platinum Perks vs Jr. Suite perks? Aside from the double cruise credit. I remembered that one. Trying to decide if the extra $1200 for the JS is worth it. It might be if only for the aft.

Archived