Hurricane coming toward Canada???

Liesel

We are scheduled for the New England/Canada cruise on Crown Princess, leaving New York on Sept. 17th.

I am worried about the latest hurricane Igor and possibly another one after that.

I wonder what the ship would do if they cannot get to the Canadian ports; or would they even cancel the whole cruise?

Generally they alter the itinerary with cruises in the Caribbean when there is a hurricane or tropical storm. However, with the hurricane coming from the South and your cruise going to Canada and New England, I don't know where the ship would go. Maybe they would change the order of the ports and go further north first to avoid it or go further from shore where you have more days at sea. I am sure that if they are going to change the itinerary, they would post it on the website prior to the cruise or announce once you are onboard.

Good luck and have a great cruise!

Beth :)

We are on the same cruise and I just googled Igor. It appears as though it will hit Bermuda and then gradually head eastward. There are currently no coastal warnings in effect. I have been following the ten day forecasts closely for our cruise and there have not been any hints of a problem in the forecasts. We are probably looking at some scattered showers for sailaway on the 17th though.

If you would like to join our roll call please do. We have a meet and greet scheduled for the 18th.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=975596&page=7

Archived