Update on Car Rental Shuttles to Port of Miami

kicker

This AM (Sept 13) I've called National, Alamo & Dollar Rentals - ONLY DOLLAR offers a free shuttle to the Port at this time, according to the reps I spoke with.

Does anyone else have info on any other companies that would shuttle to the Port from the Airport dropoffs?

This AM (Sept 13) I've called National, Alamo & Dollar Rentals - ONLY DOLLAR offers a free shuttle to the Port at this time, according to the reps I spoke with.

Does anyone else have info on any other companies that would shuttle to the Port from the Airport dropoffs?

This blows!!! I've recently booked cars with Alamo via priceline mistakenly thinking that where was a free shuttle service. Does anyone know if Dollar car goes to the same lot that Alamo is located at?

So, at least Alamo is offering conflicting information. I contacted Alamo via their on-line chat service and was told that the shuttle service was discontinued as of July 30th. I then contacted the MIA office directly to ask about their location as it relates to Dollar rental and was told that the shuttle service is currently being offered through the end of this month. He noted that the manager may continue to offer the shuttle service after September, but he wasn't sure.

I emailed National wondering if they had a complimentary shuttle from the Rental Car Center at MIA to the POM. They do and their response is below:

Shuttle service at the Miami Airport rental location is provided to and from the Port of Miami. Shuttle service is only available during the hours of 8 A.M. to 3 P.M., and coincides with the arrival and departure of major cruise lines. You will not need to call for pier pick up. The National shuttle bus stops at all piers, at designated areas outside of the pier.

If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to email us or contact our reservations department at 1-800-CAR-RENT (1-800-227-7368).

At FLL, all the rental car companies use the same vans for transportation to the Ft Lauderdale cruise port. My guess is it's the same in Miami.

Conflicting info depending on who you talk to - I'm not surprised. We've done the Hertz location before and that worked fine. I tried to book on the Internet yesterday - their site was having problems, I found a Mini-Van for $67 plus fees, but the site wouldn't let me finish the reservation - it said to call. I called and they quoted me $30 higher. When I questioned it she said the internet rates are different at times, I should book through the internet. I told her I'd love to IF IT WOULD LET ME!!

Eneterprise: we rented with Enterprise 2 yrs ago, FLL to Miami (had a friend who was to pick us up at the downtown dropoff). I confirmed the drop address online; when we rented in FLL they gave me the same address. When we went to drop off the car, the location didn't exist! They had changed locations. We wasted an hour contacting them and finding the new location. Enterprise's response was to offer a free upgrade next time for our inconvenience. Sorry Enterprise, there won't be a next time for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived