Price Reduction vs Travel Agent

cutiediva

We booked our cruise through a Travel Agent (who has since left the agency).I am not sure if we booked Es or not. I think it was fun select because we chose our stateroom.

I noticed late Friday, that there was a better rate being shown for Senior.

I e-mailed our agent right away, but she had left, so my DH called the agency first thing Saturday morning, and spoke to somebody there who said she would leave a message.

As of noon today (Monday), we hadn't heard from her, so DH called to remind her. At 4:30, DH called again and she said that she had been waiting on the Carnival line, but couldn't get through.

So, it looks like we would have to wait until Tuesday to see if we qualify for the senior rate. Ok, I can wait:)

WHen I looked at the Carnival site tonight, the Senior rate had gone:rolleyes:

Will Carnival honor the request when the agent calls them tomorrow? If not, what can I do?

When you see a rate, take a screen print, so you have a picture of your screen with the rate on it.

If your TA gives the time you saw the rate, they can search back and find it.

...I hope you got a good discount, ...that's why I quit using a TA. If you book direct, you can call anyone at the toll free number.

btw, ES you pick your cabin too... so it could have been ES .. you need to find out. If you dont know if you qualify or the rules, it is hard to push someone else to get what you deserve.

Archived