1st time on Destiny

gillyg

We are travelling on the Destiny September 2011. Cruise booked by my sister, and I am now doing my research!! A bit backwards I know!

My question is we have booked outside room deck 6 and have found out it has beds in L shape configuration. Really don't want this so are going to change - shall we upgrade to a deluxe? change decks to ensure parallel configuration? go to inside instead?? Help!!!!!:confused:

hi di hi

Deck 4 inside has singles in parallel and never slept better, going on Destiny on 25th in almost same cabin.

Always pick inside cabins and sleep fantastic.

Had an inside on FO and asked for it to be converted to a double. That was good as well.

Rambling sorry, not able to help exactly as your question per Destiny but as previous poster says you can check cabin configuration on line.

pause for breath:)

We've always had an outside (as we like to see a bit of daylight) parallel twin. As the two beds are against the side walls you can walk between them to reach the window or bedside table.

We had a look at an L-shape and it looked fine, the available floor space is more of a square shape. I would be happy with this, my only reservation would be if one of the beds was under the window it might make it harder to look out.

Our friends had a double but after a couple of days had it changed to a parallel twin as it was very cramped, with one side of the bed up against the wall and the dressing table very close to the foot of the bed the other side.

The cabins aren't big, but there is plenty of storage so once everything is unpacked and put away you will be fine.

Carol x

We have been in outside cabins on Deck 2 which have a porthole and Deck 3 which have a square window. The lower down you are the less movement you are supposed to feel. If you are towards the stern you might hear engine noise. We were towards the bow and could hear the anchor chain rattling down as we docked each morning.

Speaking personally none of these noises bother us as they are only the workings of the ship and as such we do not expect a motionless silent voyage. I always use earplugs anyway as Paul snores so I don't hear much!

We are on Destiny again for New Year and are looking forward to it. I hope you both enjoy the build-up to your cruise!

Carol x

thanks for your advice Carol. Hope you have a great time in the New Year, look forward to reading all about it in the forums afterwards.

To everybody reading this, just wanted to say you are a friendly helpful lot!!

:):)

We are travelling on the Destiny September 2011. Cruise booked by my sister, and I am now doing my research!! A bit backwards I know!

My question is we have booked outside room deck 6 and have found out it has beds in L shape configuration. Really don't want this so are going to change - shall we upgrade to a deluxe? change decks to ensure parallel configuration? go to inside instead?? Help!!!!!:confused:

Hi we were in cabin 6005 on the destiny there was plenty of floor space and the beds were in a parallel configuration, the only downside was that you had a slightly restricted view. Otherwise it was perfect for us, plenty of wardrobe and storage space, and was slightly larger than other outside cabins on deck 6. It might be worth paying extra to prebook your cabin.

Hi Rookery

Thanks a lot for that, am thinking that might suit us - whereabouts on the ship was your cabin?

Gill

Cabin 5011 on the Cabaret deck. I didnt know it was called that until just now when I checked the deck plans on the website. Its near the pointy end, nice and quiet, handy for all the facilities.

Archived