Thinking About It.. Advice / Opinons Needed

JennLuvs2Cruise

I am currently trying to plan a cruise for next summer in June. I typically sail with Carnival Cruise Line but I have been interested in trying Disney. The Disney Dream looks like a gorgeous ship. But the price tag is a bit on the expensive side. I sailed the Carnival Dream this past June with my 9 month old, he will be a year & a half next June so I was wondering if any parents could inform what Disney has to offer for toddlers. I was also wondering if anyone who sailed on Carnival AND Disney could compare & give me their opinion. Thanks!! :)

Summer cruises cost more.

If possible try to go in the winter. We like go the first cruise after Thanksgiving and get a good rate. Just before or just after a holiday tend to cost less.

Plus in the winter the weathers great, no hurricanes, no humidity.

I havnt heard on the new ship what they will have for toddlers but I'm 90% sure they will have a toddler splash zone again. Kid slove that.

After people have cruised the new ship you could post your question and get first hand experienced Dream crusiers to help you.

I have done Carnival and Disney.

The best thing I can describe is the attitude on DCL is so much better than Carnival. We had kid sin the kids programs on both ships and they all agreed Disney was 100 times better. That was their words.

Performers on DCL were better too. The only thing we thought was better about Carnival was the food.

We did DCL first and never realised how great it was until we did Carnival and saw how much better we were treated on DCL.

I did write a trip report a few years ago and did a comparrison. DCL won hands down in all categories accept food. Disneys food inst bad but Carnivals is just better.

Plus by the time we bough pop cards for the kids and adults who wante dpop on board and paid for a few other extras that DCL doesnt charge extra for we spent as much as booking DCL, so we didnt save any money overall.

Debarkation took hours on Carnival, it takes about 15 minutes on DCL.

Many differences.

Kathy

Thanks Kathy!

I have realized that summer is the most expensive time of the year to cruise, along with major holiday cruises. But unfortunately, its the only time of year I can cruise since my fiance can only get his paid vacation then & I am a full time nursing student :(

Disney does seem better than Carnival in the entertainment department. But once again, thanks for your opinions!

Archived