Sea Lion Encounter - Blue Lagoon

itchintogo

We will be in Nassau on the NCL Sun in December. Has anyone done the Sea Lion Encounter? Blue Lagoon itself sounds like a great choice of all things to do in Nassau, and I've never seen a "Sea Lion" encounter..it sounds like it could be a blast.

Thanks for any info!:D

We will be in Nassau on the NCL Sun in December. Has anyone done the Sea Lion Encounter? Blue Lagoon itself sounds like a great choice of all things to do in Nassau, and I've never seen a "Sea Lion" encounter..it sounds like it could be a blast.

Thanks for any info!:D

I have not had the pleasure yet of doing any of the animal encounters, but we spent the day at the beach last week and loved it. I posted a review with pictures if you are interested...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1273336&page=2

We did the Sea Lion encounter last September...

The Sea Lions and their trainer were displaced from Mississippi by Hurricane Katrina destroying their Aquarium.

Last year there was one large male, a young male and about 5 or 6 females...

Somebody just posted a you tube video a couple of weeks ago, of two new pups they have now....

I actually enjoyed the Sea Lion encounter better than the Dolphin encounter. (I enjoyed watching the dolphins swim in the lagoon between their encounters, more than the encounter.)

It is definitely worth the $$$.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Am I understanding that the cost per adult would be $80 if booked directly with Blue Lagoon for the sealion encounter and the beach? Does that include lunch? What should we expect the water temperatures to be? Is their a way to find out what other ships might also be in port on Jan. 5th?

Am I understanding that the cost per adult would be $80 if booked directly with Blue Lagoon for the sealion encounter and the beach? Does that include lunch? What should we expect the water temperatures to be? Is their a way to find out what other ships might also be in port on Jan. 5th?

On January 5th.....

13,830 passengers in port.....

4th or 5th busiest day of the month

Norweigian Sky

Majesty of the Seas

Monarch of the Seas

Carnival Conquest

Carnival Sensation

Water temps can be cool, but they do have regular sized (s-xl) wetsuits onsite to use, if it does get too chilly.

Bill

I see you can also do a Stingray encounter. Which one is better? Are they both in the same place? What is the cost of each? I also want to go to a beach. Is there a nice beach at both of these encounters?

There are no longer stingrays on Blue lagoon Island (hurricane damaged their pen).

You can feed, play and snorkel with the stingrays at Blackbeard's Cay.

http://www.stingrayadventure.com/stingrays-activities-stingray-adventure.html

I think the tour runs' about $37 for adults, $15 for kids under 12.

I tried to book a sea lion excursion directly with Blue Lagoon only to find out that they are all booked the day The Epic will be docked. Blue Lagoon mentioned that I should contact the cruise ship as many of the reservations are held thru The Epic. I did that and even booking through Epic it's completely booked (no doubt for $50 more per person!!). I then contacted Atlantis to do the sea lion excursion there ($30 more than Blue Lagoon per person when booking directly), but the times they offer it are before our ship even docks so it's not an option.

I then tried booking the dolphin swim at blue lagoon (where they push your feet and you "fly" through the water) and that is also booked completely full.

I ended up reserving the regular dolphin encounter where you just 'hug' them because there was nothing else left. I asked Blue Lagoon if I could go on a waiting list to get the sea lion excursion, but they don't take a waiting list so we're out of luck. It's a little disappointing, but I'm sure it'll still be a ton of fun, just kinda had our hearts set on the sea lion thing..... wish there was a way to still do it...

My advice is to book early!!!

There are no longer stingrays on Blue lagoon Island (hurricane damaged their pen).

Hi Scubagirrl here is a question for you we are on the dream will be their from 8:30 to 2;00 want to do the sea lion do you think we can make it on are own or should we do it from the ship?

Hi Scubagirrl here is a question for you we are on the dream will be their from 8:30 to 2;00 want to do the sea lion do you think we can make it on are own or should we do it from the ship?

with that timing, it's safer to do it with the ship. you won't make the 8:30am, so the 10:30 is the only time you'll have... I'm not sure you'll have enough time, since the ferry back is at 1pm, and the program takes 3 1/2 hours.

Book with the ship.

with that timing, it's safer to do it with the ship. you won't make the 8:30am, so the 10:30 is the only time you'll have... I'm not sure you'll have enough time, since the ferry back is at 1pm, and the program takes 3 1/2 hours.

Book with the ship.

thank a lot Scubagirrl. If not their what beach would be the best. What to go in the ocean.

Hi Scubagirrl we are going to the beach and not blue lagoon what hotel is better?

Sea Lion Encounter is fantastic, you will not regret!! Murray is the Big sea lion. We have been twice and love it! PJ was our sea lion last time (PJ was Andre in the movie). Didn't see any stingrays there - that's a different excursion.

We will be on the Poesia in November and looking to go to Blue Lagon Island. Is there a nice beach there? Is there a cab or do we need to take the shore excursion?

Thanks!

I have not had the pleasure yet of doing any of the animal encounters, but we spent the day at the beach last week and loved it. I posted a review with pictures if you are interested...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1273336&page=2

Wow, thanks for such a great post w/ amazing pics! Does anyone know if the food is the same and in the same area for all the cruise lines? We're going on NCL and will be doing this excursion. BTW: the Blue Lagoon beach day excursion on NCL was $59 pp for us.

Wow, thanks for such a great post w/ amazing pics! Does anyone know if the food is the same and in the same area for all the cruise lines? We're going on NCL and will be doing this excursion. BTW: the Blue Lagoon beach day excursion on NCL was $59 pp for us.

Your welcome for the post and pictures...The food is all in the same area and it is the same for all guests that purchase the food plan.

Have a great time at Blue Lagoon, your going to love it!!

If you don't book through the cruise ship, how do you get to Blue Lagoon? On their website it says they have a boat from Paradise Island, but how do you get to Paradise Island? Sorry if this is a dumb question.:confused:

If you don't book through the cruise ship, how do you get to Blue Lagoon? On their website it says they have a boat from Paradise Island, but how do you get to Paradise Island? Sorry if this is a dumb question.:confused:

You'll need to book in advance, and then head to the paradise island ferry terminal on paradise Island to pick up your bracelets and board the ferry.

The terminal is a 10 minute ride across the bridge. Should cost $4pp.

www.dolphinencounters.com

Hi Scubagirrl we are going to the beach and not blue lagoon what hotel is better?

I'd choose the sheraton if you want the resort feel and things to do.. If you just want to relax on the beach and read a book without all the hoopla.. then the Hilton would be my pick.

• 3 weeks later...

Via RCCL, the cost is $115, via the dolphin encounter website, $80...for my family of 5, makes sense to go direct...so we exit the ship and head where ? We arrive at 7am, and don't leave until midnight, so can someone provide me with an exact timetable of where to be and when things depart, ie. ferry, etc....

Thanks

David

You can find all the info you need here: http://www.bahamasbluelagoon.com

But "boats depart for Blue Lagoon Island at 8:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Our boats depart from Blue Lagoon Island at: 1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m." from their website. Assuming everything goes smoothly you should be able to make the 8:30am ferry and you'll need to take a taxi to the Paradise Island ferry terminal (about $5 per person) which are easy to find once you're off the ship. They want you there a half an hour before the ferry leaves to check in. We went with the group from the ship even though we booked independently, but you'll have the advantage of spending much more time there -something we wish we had! On the return trip, the ferry will go right back to the piers where the cruise ships are docked so you won't have to take a taxi back.

When we booked independently they provided very detailed information and were very helpful with any other questions we had. I emailed them a couple of times just to clarify a few things and they were great!

Hope you have a great time! We absolutely loved it!!!

Via RCCL, the cost is $115, via the dolphin encounter website, $80...for my family of 5, makes sense to go direct...so we exit the ship and head where ? We arrive at 7am, and don't leave until midnight, so can someone provide me with an exact timetable of where to be and when things depart, ie. ferry, etc....

Thanks

David

Was just there 2 weeks ago & I booked for 2 of us as Carnival didn't have dolphin encounter. Make sure u take ur email confirmation with u, will need it at the terminal. Got off ship, walked off pier. There are many guys trying to get u to sign up for a tour. Just tell them no I am going to Blue Lagoon. Get a taxi, ask & someone will show u taxi stands. Tell them the ferry terminal u r going to Blue Lagoon. We went early, our ferry wan't scheduled til 1:30, checked in, looked at some liqour there for sale & sat down to wait. Was going to get someething toeat when girl came out & asked if we wanted to go on 12:30 ferry there was room. So off we went. Very easy, I will book with Blue Lagoon again for our family cruise in March. Coming back from the island, we wanted to buy some liqour from the terminal so we got off there & then got a taxi back to pier. At pier there is a large building with vendors inside. I got some Conch fritters there on our return. They were very good!

Archived