Hawaii in October or in April

rickdeni

What are the sea days like in October and April and which is nicer when you arrive. We can't make up our minds on whether to go in the fall or spring. I am thinking October is probably nicer but there is a late April cruise that brings you into early May and that might be warmer. I could use someone's expertise on this.

We have sailed to Hawaii both in October and in April. If you are looking for warmer temps for the entire trip, then you would have better luck in October. We had to purchase jackets on board for the last couple of days in April coming back, it was freezing. So my vote definitely goes for October, and the closer to the beginning of October you can get, the better!

I would suggest the beginning of October or the first run at the end of September as the seas can become rough after that. We went on Oct6th last year and the temp in Hawaii was a constant 80-85. The sea was very rough the first night out from San Pedro, and the rest of the voyage was perfect. if you leave it till spring you may find the seas quite rough as a lot of storms come from Hawaii and hit Calif and northward.

As our best weather in CA is normallySep/Oct, I would opt for the Apr crossing, goiing from cool spring weather to the nice semi-tropical weather of the Islands.

We've sailed to or from the Islands in both spring and fall, and did not notice any great variation in sea states (which of course is always a crap-shoot).

Archived