Shasa Tour with 2 yr old?

lucyjlou

I am looking for advice from anyone who has been on a Shasa tour, especially with children. I read another cruisers reveiw and she mentioned they took there 2yr old on this tour. We would love to take a snorkel tour and we were nervous and didn't think we should with our DD. But, her review made me look further.

Anyone have input on this tour and whether it would be appropriate for a 2yr old to go with us? I am nervous about her sitting still on the boat and it looks rather small. Is the water there rough, will she even be able to get in? How many people were on your boat, would they hate having a child on there with them?

Any other tour lines that may be better? I thought we could also possibly book a private tour with Shasa and then if she is difficult, it would just be us and my in-laws on the tour.

Well, I know it was my review, but I'll try to help you further. Honestly, I think it depends on the child- if DD will listen to you and stay away from the sides, sit down, etc., then I wouldn't hesitate. Our tour was the four of us plus a mother and her four year old (and the father and a two year old were supposed to be there too but the two year old was sick). We lucked out having another family with us. The water was not rough at all- both our DD and the other four year old were kind of nervous to get in, but it was like a swimming pool!

DS (11 months) got squirmy and wanted to get down and Jason encouraged us to let him crawl on the...sorry, the term is escaping me! The black net thing! So, she doesn't have to sit still the entire time, Jason was fine with them moving around as long as they were supervised and calm.

I am looking for advice from anyone who has been on a Shasa tour, especially with children. I read another cruisers reveiw and she mentioned they took there 2yr old on this tour. We would love to take a snorkel tour and we were nervous and didn't think we should with our DD. But, her review made me look further.

Anyone have input on this tour and whether it would be appropriate for a 2yr old to go with us? I am nervous about her sitting still on the boat and it looks rather small. Is the water there rough, will she even be able to get in? How many people were on your boat, would they hate having a child on there with them?

Any other tour lines that may be better? I thought we could also possibly book a private tour with Shasa and then if she is difficult, it would just be us and my in-laws on the tour.

I can't speak exactly to a 2-year-old, but I can tell you that Jason is very laid back and cool, and definitely knows what he's doing out on the water. When we toured with Shasa in Feb, there were 11 people on the boat. One was 5, and there were two other kids probably 8 and 10. All had a great time. The 5 year old snorkeled. For what it's worth, when we visit Barbados in April next year with our 6-year-old, we are touring with Shasa again specifically because of the fine we saw the other 5-year-old had.

Archived