My Time in Bermuda

sarahksmom

All people who cruise to Bermuda would probably agree with me, I was not there long enough. But we had a very enjoyable time.

I stated before I left my daughter had 3 things to accomplish in Bermuda: ride a ferry, snorkel and get sea glass. We did kind of did all 3 of them.

The first thing we did when we arrived in Bermuda is to ride the ferry to St. George. It was Labor Day and many of the stores were closed, but I was not there for the stores. So we headed to Tobacco Bay which was beautiful in a very rugged way. Instead of snorkeling, we stood there and because the water is so clear, we did not need the snorkel masks to see the beautiful fish. There were many fish and I had one that kept pecking at my foot. While there, the skies turned gray and there was thunder and lightning. We like everyone else left the beach. We headed to town, got a snack and waited about 10 minutes for the ferry. While on the ferry it stormed. When we got off it was beautiful!

We had a very late lunch and then headed to Sea Glass beach by the dockyard. The bus driver told us the wrong beach but someone else sent us to the correct beach. The family was having a Labor Day picnic, but we asked if we could go to the beach. The children took my husband, daughter and I down to the beach to gather sea glass. It was beautiful and we took quite a bit. The way back I was never so scared in my life riding a bus. The driver was going very fast, we were standing and flying around. I was never so happy to get off a bus.

At home my daughter took it into her sea class into school, talked about it and gave a piece of it to each child in her 3rd grade class. I have it in a glass bowl with a candle (in glass) which looks beautiful.

The next day we took the bus to Horseshoe Bay. It is so beautiful I did not want to leave. We took a ton of pictures in both the lagoon and ocean. There was someone diving off the cliffs. The fish were beautiful and very plentiful. I had another fish nibbling my food so I must taste good.

We took the bus back to our ship when it was time to depart. We spent the entire time talking to two children who are entering high school. They were telling us about life in Bermuda and my daughter was telling them about life in PA. It was a very interesting conversation.

Thank you for all of your direction and for letting my family and I enjoy your beautiful country!

Glad to hear you had a wonderful experience and the timing of your visit couldn't have been better. Tobacco and Horseshoe Bay pack a great one-two punch for fun. It was great that your daughter shared some her Bermuda memories with her classmates.

It's hard to beat Bermuda for the people and natural beauty. :cool:

Archived