Ramada Fort Lauderdale

CRUZCOOL

Has anyone stayed at the above hotel? I found it for a good price the night before we sail. I liked how it had free shuttle from airport to hotel and from hotel to port. I also liked the fact that there is a restaurant and bar on site. I can't wait to get by the pool and tiki bar once checked in. Can anyone offer tips or know if there are things in walking distance? Thanks

Has anyone stayed at the above hotel? I found it for a good price the night before we sail. I liked how it had free shuttle from airport to hotel and from hotel to port. I also liked the fact that there is a restaurant and bar on site. I can't wait to get by the pool and tiki bar once checked in. Can anyone offer tips or know if there are things in walking distance? Thanks

Not sure which Ramada you are asking about but you might want to check out Trip Advisor. We were involved in a time-share/free vacation, etc. thing last spring and thought we were to stay at a Ramada in Ft. L and the reviews were terrible. We went there to check it out and the pool area and tiki bar were very nice. Evidently some rooms have been remodeled and some haven't. We spoke to some of the guests and told them of our concerns and they said they stay in the remodeled area and it is very nice. Water does seem to be yellow but is supposed to be ok to drink!! No way.

We didn't have to stay there after all - we'd been moved to another location which was in a time-share resort. Like I said, check trip advisor and then decide.

Good luck!

We did stay at the Rodeway Inn before the cruise and were able to leave our car parked there and they have free shuttle to and from the port. Izzy is a wonderful, funny manager who runs a tight ship! We actually have made reservations there for our December cruise.

It is the Ramada airport/cruise port. The price was great and free shuttle service to ports are worth it. We got taken by a taxi driver two years to go from FLL to our hotel across from Bayside in Miami so I am always looking for that bonus. Plus, I kind of liked the idea of not really having to leave the hotel. I am unfamiliary with this area as we usually sail out of Miami and stay within walking distance of Bayside.

we have stayed there the past 2 Januarys. As stated the room was clean and adequate for one night. Nice to have a restaurant on site. Food was fairly good. It didn't appear that anything of interest was within walking distance. We will be there again this Jan.

• 3 weeks later...

After asking questions on this board I received this e-mail from JohninDC:

17th Street/Downtown Hotels: These are moderately priced chain hotels on a very wide street. Surrounded by chain restaurants and drug stores where you can buy last minute items. Hotels would be Hyatt Place, Marriott and Hilton brands. Charmless, but convenient and inexpensive. Most have free shuttles from FLL. Hyatt Pier 66 is on the edge, right at the drawbridge, but a great hotel with a marina, outdoor bar and grill and a water taxi stop.

Las Olas Blvd: A lovely little street with cafes and shops. Only one hotel here, but it's very nice, Riverside Hotel. Some have been getting amazing deals on this property through Hotwire and Priceline.

Ft. Lauderdale Beach: If you get in early, and you want a taste of the tropical lifestyle, you can stay on the beach. Westin, Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort, Lago Mar and W are options. This area is full of beach style restaurants and shops. More expensive than 17th Street, but very nice and fun. Eat at Primanti Brothers for the ultimate Pittsburgh sandwich (french fries inside!). Take a bus, or drive up A1A to Aruba for a meal right on the beach!

Hollywood

You can get the Westin Diplomat Golf or Beach resort in Hollywood. About half-way between FLL and POM, it's a lovely resort with an amazing pool. If your plan is to just relax before your cruise and you want a resort to do it at, this would be the place. You'll have to arrange for transportation, but if you check it out on the web and they have a good price, it's a wonderful, luxurious experience. There's also a Crowne Plaza in Hollywood. Both properties are on a trolley route to the beach and boardwalk.

Good Luck!:)

He seemed to really know the area so I choose one of his suggestions: the Hyatt Place.

After asking questions on this board I received this e-mail from JohninDC:

17th Street/Downtown Hotels: These are moderately priced chain hotels on a very wide street. Surrounded by chain restaurants and drug stores where you can buy last minute items. Hotels would be Hyatt Place, Marriott and Hilton brands. Charmless, but convenient and inexpensive. Most have free shuttles from FLL. Hyatt Pier 66 is on the edge, right at the drawbridge, but a great hotel with a marina, outdoor bar and grill and a water taxi stop.

Las Olas Blvd: A lovely little street with cafes and shops. Only one hotel here, but it's very nice, Riverside Hotel. Some have been getting amazing deals on this property through Hotwire and Priceline.

Ft. Lauderdale Beach: If you get in early, and you want a taste of the tropical lifestyle, you can stay on the beach. Westin, Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort, Lago Mar and W are options. This area is full of beach style restaurants and shops. More expensive than 17th Street, but very nice and fun. Eat at Primanti Brothers for the ultimate Pittsburgh sandwich (french fries inside!). Take a bus, or drive up A1A to Aruba for a meal right on the beach!

Hollywood

You can get the Westin Diplomat Golf or Beach resort in Hollywood. About half-way between FLL and POM, it's a lovely resort with an amazing pool. If your plan is to just relax before your cruise and you want a resort to do it at, this would be the place. You'll have to arrange for transportation, but if you check it out on the web and they have a good price, it's a wonderful, luxurious experience. There's also a Crowne Plaza in Hollywood. Both properties are on a trolley route to the beach and boardwalk.

Good Luck!:)

He seemed to really know the area so I choose one of his suggestions: the Hyatt Place.

I understand. However for the price the hotels mentioned are quite a bit more. As we only intend to stay overnight I can't see spending that kind of money. If we were going in for a couple of days maybe.

Price difference in January 2011 was only $20.00-25.00.

Plus my husband can get picky....plus we're traveling with two teenagers....so we made the change.

Whatever works for you is great!!! I don't mind staying in a Ramada as long as the rooms are clean, that's all I care about.

Happy travels!!!!

Archived