Bamboo Restaurant: Thai Food??

greenie

I remember reading somewhere when I first began researching the Dawn, that there were 3 food types offered in the Bamboo: Teppan-whatever (!), Sushi, and Thai. But I have never seen any mention of Thai food on these boards when people have discussed Bamboo.

Did I misunderstand? IS Thai food an option?

Thanks!

I only ate at the Teppanyaki section of Bamboo, but I'm looking at the menu right now and yes, it states, "We have combined the exotic flavors of traditional Chinese, Japanese and Thai cusines [sic] to offer you an oriental family-style dining experience to be shared among new and old friends."

In glancing down the menu of actual items offered, there's:

Tom Yum Koong

Black Tiger Shrimp Yakitori and Rice Noodles, Spicy Lemon Grass Fish Broth

Tom Kha Gai

Thai Chicken and Coconut Soup with Lemon Grass, Kaffir Lime Leaves, Chili, Coriander and Thai Ginger

Seared Ahi Tuna on Bok Choy, Spicy Thai Dressing

Tofu and Vegetables in a Green Thai Curry with Straw Mushrooms

Silken Tofu in Green Curry Sauce with Coconut Cream, Crisp Vegetables and Steamed Rice

Those appear to be the only Thai dishes. The rest are either Chinese or Japanese.

Now see what you did. I'm hungry.

Teppanyaki is A la carte (ranges from $12-$15, with a lobster something for $20 I think).

Ginza/Bamboo was either $10-$12, with sushi being extra. There is also a stand alone sushi bar, where sushi can be ordered. Sushi lunch was offered some days for $10 all you can eat, but that's only non-fish items (California roll type items). Better option is just to order rolls, sashimi items at $2-$3 per orde. You can fill up for less than the $10 all you can eat price, and have a wider selection. however, the mango/surimi items were unique and quite tasty.

The Seared Tuna entree at Bamboo/Ginza is wonderful, as is the 3 way pork. One of the 3 ways is Penang Curry, so if you're looking for Thai options, that is one more to add to the list.

Archived