AD versus AC on Spirit help

amistad

I have tried to find out the difference on the square footage between the two so I can make a decision. The AD suites are aft and the AC suites are forward. I even paid the fee to join cruise deck plans. com and that was no help. Last year we sailed in an AC and never used the balcony, I just want to make the right decision. There are 2 AD suites that are different then the one that is in the middle, and I don't know if it makes a difference. Thanks all

WE love the aft facing cabins. We've been in the middle AD on the Spirit before and loved it. We'll be in the same cabin abain in a few weeks.

An advantage of the ADs over the ACs as I see it is that when you are sailing there is little to no wind on the AD balconies. The wake is something else to listen to and relax to.

Of course, if you are not someone who stays in the cabin part of the time, it probably doesn't make much difference. We use our balcony a lot - relaxing with coffee in the morning and cocktails when leaving ports and/or before dinner. Then there is the relaxing time reading, napping, etc.

WE love the aft facing cabins. We've been in the middle AD on the Spirit before and loved it. We'll be in the same cabin abain in a few weeks.

An advantage of the ADs over the ACs as I see it is that when you are sailing there is little to no wind on the AD balconies. The wake is something else to listen to and relax to.

Of course, if you are not someone who stays in the cabin part of the time, it probably doesn't make much difference. We use our balcony a lot - relaxing with coffee in the morning and cocktails when leaving ports and/or before dinner. Then there is the relaxing time reading, napping, etc.

Do you know it they are all the same size?

The AC's on the Spirit are fantastic. From cruise critic's "Best Suites at Sea" article:

NCL's Norwegian Spirit

The Suites: Deck 10 category AC Suites

Because? Also called "Junior Suites," these gems, eight of them, line the forward section of Deck 10 on Norwegian Spirit. They aren't huge but they're special nevertheless (and the most affordable of our picks). Essentially two side-by-side balcony staterooms, one side comprises the living area with a bar and a nicely furnished balcony, and the other side is the bedroom and bathroom. A floor-to-ceiling one-way window takes the place of the balcony on that side, against which is placed an oval whirlpool tub with views out over the sea. Bright mosaic tiles and a separate shower are open to the luxurious bedroom. Don't let the reasonable price fool you; these suites are gorgeous and come with two butlers and a concierge.

I sailed in AD 9710 last March and loved the aft location. The difference between the 3 AD suites, I believe, are the ones on the side have a little entry hall and the middle AD opens into the room. The aft balcony was nice and ran the entire width of the cabin but was narrow.

Do you know it they are all the same size?

I believe from what I heard when on board was that the ACs and ADs are pretty much the same size.

With the ACs in the front of the ship you may feel more up and down movement if there are rough seas during your cruise.

Some have worried about the vibration in the ADs. We were not bothered by it and were always awake when we were docking and they were using the thrusters.

Thanks for all the help everyone, last year we had an AC with a BA next door and I was trying to decide if next year we should just go with two of the AD suites so both families can use Cagney's and some of the other perks. I just was worried that the AD's might be smaller, because the AC suites aren't very big, but if they are the same I think the AD suites might be the way to go. I really appreciate the info.

On the NCL site. When checking the available cabins in a particular category you can click on the specific cabin number. It will give you the sq ft. of the cabin. I did this awhile back to check the sq ft of inside cabins for a friend. Yes, the sq ft varied depending upon the cabin.

So according to NCL AD9212 is 330 sq ft and the three ACs I checked were 342 sq ft.

Archived