Transferring booking TA to TA?!?!

cruisincantwait

I talked with a Carnival rep & they told me I could book with them to assure the rooms I need/want but if I found a better price with another TA they could transfer the booking to that TA. Has anyone done this? If so, how does it work? Also, why would someone do this anyway?

Any thoughts?!?!

Thanks!

I originally booked directly with Carnival and then found a better price with an online agency. I called Carnival and they gave me the info I needed to transfer the booking to the other agency and it worked just fine. The agency I went to seemed pretty familiar with this process. Good luck.

Was there any cost to you to do this? Who did you call at Carnival? Did you call the original person you spoke to? Not sure if I know exactly who it is?!? Think I wrote it down somewhere.

I think I found a better price that would save me $600 on the June 2005 cruise, b/c it is a cruise for 7 need to save wherever I can! We are taking our 3 children, and my grandparents on this cruise with DH & I. Cant wait!!

Thanks for any info!

I talked with a Carnival rep & they told me I could book with them to assure the rooms I need/want but if I found a better price with another TA they could transfer the booking to that TA. Has anyone done this? If so, how does it work? Also, why would someone do this anyway?

Any thoughts?!?!

Thanks!

If you ever decide to do this, just call your PVP at Carnival and ask them to "Release the booking to xyz123 agency" Just remember once you do that Carnival will no longer be able to answer any questions regarding your booking. You also have to transfer before final payment is made.

The way carnival assigns points to the PVP they still get credit for the sale even when you transfer the booking so its a win win situation for all involved.

I called the TA that I originally booked with. There was no charge for the transfer and there was no hassle since the deposit is 100% refundable anyway. Carnival makes it pretty easy, because if they didn’t, it would be just as easy to cancel the booking with Carnival and then go to the online agency. The agency with the cheaper price was essentially just giving up part of their commission to make the sale. Hey, if I can save a few bucks (in my case over $500) I’ll do it.

Just remember that there are never any 'hidden' costs when dealing with a Carnival PVP.

Certainly not always, but sometimes, a TA or online agency will charge for various things. Just make SURE the price you are quoted includes port charges and taxes. Also ask if there will be a charge for a name change or any other changes you might need to make.

It never hurts to do a little homework before plunkin' down that deposit.:)

I have done this. I booked with a PVP. About a month later I got a quote from an online agency for $100 less per person. There were no fees or anything, plus there was a guarantee if the price goes down more, they will honor it. It was very easy.

Mom, I'm just saying that anybody should ASK about any other fees, name change, cancellation, etc. You really don't know unless you ask up front.

Glad yours worked out well, but there have been many, many posts here from folks who were charged 'extra' for certain things, and come here to complain that "...Nobody mentioned that I would be charged for ___?...I didn't KNOW....etc.";)

Carnival told me the same thing, but I haven't transfered yet. I am waiting for a day when I can spend alot of time on the phone, just in case. It eases my fears knowing others have done this without much hassle. I thought it would be a fight. Thanks guys!

Archived