ESPN in sports bar near embarkation pier?

cruznbelle

I can't believe I'm asking this... but DH wants to know if there is a sports bar near the pier for POA so he can see the Bobby Cox special at 1:30 Sat (I believe) - I really kinda stopped hearing the details after the start of the question.... :eek:

Important issue here is DH has a bum knee from surgery and walking long distances would not be in my (err our) best interest :rolleyes:.

Either that or will ESPN be playing in the sports bar on POA or in the cabin? (I would love if the answer here was yes as I would MUCH rather embark and relax and yes of course watch the game - yeah thats it)

Last thing I want to do is be making a mad dash for the ship to check in - we are in suite so line *shouldn't* be too bad yes? Also can we check in and then disembark for a few hours?

(Thanks Hon for throwing this one at me right before we leave - geesh):cool:

Thanks to anyone who might have any pointers here!

LOL - I had to ask - it's Hawaiian time. So we'll have our luagge to deal with unless we drop it at the ship. I understand Aloha Tower is 1/4 mile away - Guess we'll be looking for a lunch spot as well.

Hopefully someone will chime in on what may be close or good place to have lunch and watch the tv then catch a taxi from

Thanks!

There are a couple of places at the Aloha Tower shopping area within walking distance of the ship. The only one I remember by name is a Hooters LOL.

Our son that works on the POA walked over to Hooters at Aloha Tower on Sat. to watch the Nebraska football game. Had to get there at 9:30AM for the 2:30 CT kickoff. Not his favorite food place but worth it to watch some FB - he said there were several TVs there.

Thanks everyone... guess we'll head towards Aloha Tower and hopefully find something other than Hooters as I'm definitely NOT into wings - I eat enough of that at home. :o I still wonder if we can disembark after we check in - I'm assuming we can... Anybody know?

Thanks everyone... guess we'll head towards Aloha Tower and hopefully find something other than Hooters as I'm definitely NOT into wings - I eat enough of that at home. :o I still wonder if we can disembark after we check in - I'm assuming we can... Anybody know?

You absolutely can disembark after checking in. If you have carry on luggage, you can check it in the lobby of the ship.

When we went to the Aloha Tower after checking in, we shopped and went up the tower (free-nice views-particuliarily good spot to take a pic of the POA).

Did not stop at a bar/restaurant but looking at the Aloha Tower web site there is a Gordon Biersch there that lists football games under it events page so it must have tv's. We have never have been to a Gordon Biersch, but by coincidence are suppose go to the DC location with my wife's friends this weekend.

http://www.gordonbiersch.com/locations/honolulu-hi/events-entertainment

Archived