Leaving from Charleston??

I Luv Crusin

I posted on the East board but haven't gotten an answer yet.

How much is Parking in Charleston now?

What time should we plan on getting to the pier? I read that they don't even let you park until they're ready to board passengers. What do you do? Sit in your car in a line??

When we get back can we leave the car at the pier and walk around or do we have to move it from the parking lot and find someplace else to park??

thanks!

I posted on the East board but haven't gotten an answer yet.

How much is Parking in Charleston now?

What time should we plan on getting to the pier? I read that they don't even let you park until they're ready to board passengers. What do you do? Sit in your car in a line??

When we get back can we leave the car at the pier and walk around or do we have to move it from the parking lot and find someplace else to park??

thanks!

The prices are as follows:

4-day cruise = $60.00

5-day cruise = $75.00

6-day cruise = $90.00

7-day cruise = $105.00

8-day cruise = $120.00

9-day cruise = $135.00

10-day cruise = $150.00

11-day cruise = $165.00

12-day cruise = $180.00

If they are not ready to park yes you will wait in a lineup of cars. We usually get there around 1130 and don't have a problem.

The good news if they should have the new port terminal located further north built and open the end of 2012

If you stay overnight near Charleston, look at the possibility of getting a room that will allow you to park at the hotel for free during the cruise. You will have to pay for a taxi to and from the port, so factor that in.

We are actually staying in Fayettesville Thursday evening and then driving in Charleston Friday morning arriving around 11am. I have to work Thursday AM and have built some buffer into the drive time. We are staying in Charleston a couple nights after the cruise before driving home on Friday, Oct. 1.

We are actually staying in Fayettesville Thursday evening and then driving in Charleston Friday morning arriving around 11am.

That's pretty close. We drive in from the Charlotte area the day of the cruise and get there at 11 am too. Leave home around 7 am and have to drive the opposite direction 30 minutes until we get to I-77.

Charleston is such a convenient port, and we have done a couple of NCL cruises from there. Too bad Carnival won't go to anywhere but the Bahamas or Key West from there.

If you stay overnight near Charleston, look at the possibility of getting a room that will allow you to park at the hotel for free during the cruise. You will have to pay for a taxi to and from the port, so factor that in.

If you check the website I posted earlier some do offer the shuttle for free to the port and return, no need for a taxi.

The cost for parking at the Terminal is $75 for a 5day cruise unless you have a Handicap tag then its free. We left Charlotte about 8am on Sept 1st and got to the terminal about 12(we ran into traffic trying to get out of town) and there was no line at the terminal to drop off luggage and park the car in the warehouse.

they are having some iteneraries that are going to grand turk ,,,HFC and some to bermuda next year.

I saw that! We already have 2011 taken care of and 2012 itineraries are not completely out yet.

I wish the Bahamas itineraries included HMC, but only the Eastern Carib trips do. That island is a highlight, for sure. Grand Turk did not have much to offer but there is a beach you can walk to very easily and lounge around. Margaritaville was nice early on but became very crowded later and not too fun. It is very touristy, not much of an island flavor.

Archived