Pride of America UK Cruise???

andrewjb1

The latest press release from NCL indicates that the Price Of America will be doing a UK cruise prior to going over the Atlantic, has anyone heard anything about this????

PRIDE OF AMERICA UNVEILS HER STARS AND STRIPES

Miami - February 11, 2005 -- This week, Pride of America left the dry dock at Lloyd Werft and is now alongside the outfitting pier at the German shipyard. Sea trials are scheduled from May 19 through May 22 and NCL America will take delivery of Pride of America on June 6, 2005. After a series of inaugural events and cruises in the U.K. and the U.S. mainland, Pride of America will sail to Honolulu where she will be based year round beginning July 23, 2005. She joins NCL America's first U.S.-flagged ship, Pride of Aloha, which began sailing seven-day round-trip Hawai`i voyages last July.

My understanding is that she will also do a few little cruises out of NYC before her official debut sailing down the East Coast to Florida. I think these are "for the trade", though, travel agents, press, etc. Never seen any of them advertised for sale to the public. Jewel is also doing about 4 days of promos out of NYC before her New England/Canadas but these are not for sale, either. Maybe something will open up later?

On the NCL UK website ukdotncldotcom there are a couple of "first" cruises on the Jewel advertised - Mediterranean and Baltic - with dates and prices, both leaving from Dover, England. Nothing about Pride of Aloha that I can see though.

Might have considered one of the Jewel cruises (August) if we hadn't already been going on the Dream to Alaska in July - need to work some more!!

I'm so glad Pride of America is getting closer to being done and sailing... I'm very excited....That's my next cruise in October......But Pride of Aloha is already sailing Calmac....In Hawaii...... So I don't think you'll see it in the UK...... I can't wait to hear more of Pride of America........:)

Archived