Easter activities on Carnival

Lady_Jag

Can anyone please share your experiences with cruising Carnival on Easter Day? I've heard there is an egg hunt on board and possibly services (Catholic Mass too?) if clergy is available. Does this still hold true? My little one will be 5 when we sail, and I want to be sure she doesn't miss any of the Easter activities. :)

Also, does Carnival change the menu in the MDR for a "traditional" Easter dinner?

Thanks!

Services will be held if there is clergy onboard willing to do it. The ship doesn't have anyone "on staff" for that sort of thing.

You can expect an Easter Egg hunt...maybe some other activities.

You will generally have either Turkey or Ham on the menu for Easter...maybe, both!

At 5 yrs...bring the makings for her Easter Basket!

We sailed on Easter two years ago and had an Easter party with the kids from our roll call. I ordered a cake and we brought plastic eggs and filled them with candy and had small baskets for the kids. I also took hard boiled eggs off the buffet so the kids could decorate them. It was fun. We'll be sailing again on Easter this year and hope to do the same.

Camp Carnival also did an egg hunt, but we didn't do it since we already had ours. There was a small service. I don't remember the menu.

Awesome! Thank you both for the info.

I told my girl she could bring one of her Easter baskets. The Easter bunny will be leaving a sand bucket of goodies as well. I went to Target this past weekend and loaded up on summer clearance items - child's mask/snorkel, inflatable ride-on and floaties, water toys, etc. (We're driving to the port, so we don't have to worry about checked luggage.)

I'm sure I can just find an early morning mass or Saturday vigil at masstimes dot org, since it may not be possible to have a priest on board.

The menu will be a tough call. I absolutely LOVE the bbq ribs Carnival offers the first night, but I don't think I can pass up a traditional ham dinner either. Mmmmm! I just can't wait!

Thanks again!

Archived