Anyone ever have problems booking with Dolphine Discovery at Chankanaab Park?

Christine in MO

My husband & I swam with the dolphins here several years ago...we were able to book & pay on-line no problems. We will be returning in Nov with our 2 kids and my parents and I was wanting to book the Dolphin Encounter on-line but it was only showing a 3:30 time slot for our day which of course wouldn't work to catch our 5 pm ship departure. I was very disappointed because I knew our kids would love it. Anyway, I e-mailed them directly and they gave me a choice of 2 earlier time slots for our party of 6. GREAT!!!! But now me & the girl doing the reservation on the other end cannot agree on what the price is supposed to be. There is a 15% discount so I don't know if she is getting confused in the pesos to USD conversion or what....I tried showing her a detailed explaination on how I got my figures but not sure she is understanding. It's not a huge different or anything (less than $10 but it is really the point plus I am trying to pay with a pre-paid credit card & it will cost an additional $5 to add more $$ to it) Thanks for any help.

Those call taker ladies are the same one's that do the chat. So not sure you would get anybody different. I just wanted to tell you to ask them for the free Manatee swim. Some others were getting that along with the 15% off. It doesn't hurt to ask.

not sure what is so hard to figure out. It was 15% off if it was before 1pm, and 20% off if it is after 1pm. I just looked at the website price and subtracted 20% because I booked at 1pm and when i booked on the phone the guy told me the price and he properly calculated the 20% discount.

I did my reservations by phone last week and had no problems. The lady I dealt with was great and answered all my questions, both email and over the phone.

You may have gotten one that wasn't the best. Just try calling back.

Also, the time slot we ended up with wasn't showing as available either when I went online. I had been postponing putting down the money and then panicked when I saw the time we wanted gone. But we got it all worked out for the times I wanted and got the discount.

not sure what is so hard to figure out. It was 15% off if it was before 1pm, and 20% off if it is after 1pm. I just looked at the website price and subtracted 20% because I booked at 1pm and when i booked on the phone the guy told me the price and he properly calculated the 20% discount.

Yeah I thought it would be that simple too but apparently it is not. I got a response & according to her the discount only comes off $79 adult price and $69 child price. Even though the adult cost is actually $87.80 & child cost is $74.50. She says the difference is the admittance cost to get into the park and the discount won't come off that!!! Sounds strange to me but whatever.....

Same thing happened to me. I too had been waiting till it was closer to our cruise to book, at first it said no times were available, but then showed 3:30. I called them, they were able to accommodate us at 11:00 a.m., plus we got the 20% discount, and the free manatee interaction. I was quite pleased with the results.

Has anyone had to cancel? And if so how were you refunded? How far in advance did you make your reservations?

Thanks!

We just booked... The following is from the confirmation we received. It doesn't say this below, but they told us that if the cruise doesn't dock, we'd need a letter from the concierge in order to qualify for a refund. Hope this helps.

Before traveling

If your cruise ship or airplane trip is cancelled or diverted due to bad weather, we will reschedule the same program in any date through a certificate that will be valid during the next 365 days. The program will be the same you booked, without additional cost due to increasing prices and will be valid during your next vacations in any of our 6 dolphinariums: Isla Mujeres, Cozumel, Puerto Aventuras, Puerto Vallarta, Tortola and Grand Cayman. *

-Programs refunds are transferable.

-If the number of participants decreased, these will stay in stand-by to be used, as in any case there will not be cash refunds.

General Cancellation Policies

No refunds will apply for cancellations made within 4 days before your program. All changes are subject to availability, on 24 hours prior request. Partial or full cancellations will be subject to a 10% charge, per person.

We just booked... The following is from the confirmation we received. It doesn't say this below, but they told us that if the cruise doesn't dock, we'd need a letter from the concierge in order to qualify for a refund. Hope this helps.

Before traveling

If your cruise ship or airplane trip is cancelled or diverted due to bad weather, we will reschedule the same program in any date through a certificate that will be valid during the next 365 days. The program will be the same you booked, without additional cost due to increasing prices and will be valid during your next vacations in any of our 6 dolphinariums: Isla Mujeres, Cozumel, Puerto Aventuras, Puerto Vallarta, Tortola and Grand Cayman. *

-Programs refunds are transferable.

-If the number of participants decreased, these will stay in stand-by to be used, as in any case there will not be cash refunds.

General Cancellation Policies

No refunds will apply for cancellations made within 4 days before your program. All changes are subject to availability, on 24 hours prior request. Partial or full cancellations will be subject to a 10% charge, per person.

Hey thanks!!! I wonder how soon I should book for 5 - our cruise is in January?

Hey thanks!!! I wonder how soon I should book for 5 - our cruise is in January?

I just booked 4 of us for January. They didn't have any problems doing it when I called them but the website wasn't allowing us to do it. Not sure if their website was just having issues or if they are really filling up. I wouldn't wait too much longer just in case their website is fine and they are really filling up the spaces.

Archived