Cat. 6A includes 5A??? Can anyone help?

Kay129

Hi,

I booked a 6A Gty. for the Sensation. Just browsing the Carnival website and it says Category 6A :

Includes stateroom categories: 5A, 6A,6B,6C,6D.

Category 5A staterooms feature two portholes instead of a picture window.

So I could get a room w/ two portholes? I thought by booking 6A I'd definitely get a window!

Can anyone tell me if I have the correct understanding? Or make me feel better about two portholes? :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Hi,

Includes stateroom categories: 5A, 6A,6B,6C,6D.

Category 5A staterooms feature two portholes instead of a picture window.

I believe that the Oceanview *category* (which is category 6) includes stateroom categories 5A, 6A, 6B, 6C, and 6D. If you booked a 6A guarantee, you will get nothing lower than a 6A (i.e. you will only be given a 6A or higher).

There's nothing really wrong with having a 5A cabin. Two portholes is just fine with me. I prefer OV (picture window), but I've been in both, and as long as I can see daylight, I'm ok.

The two porthole cabins have a wide ledge you can sit on/in. I've enjoyed many cups of coffee and glasses of wine just sitting there looking at the ocean and sky.

Somebody taller than me (I'm 5'1") could probably see out just fine, but I have to climb up there!:D

• 2 months later...
what is the difference between 2 porthole windows and a picture window?

I don't know how to answer that. One has 2 porthole windows about 18" in diameter each. The other has a picture window approx 2 ft by 3 ft.

It depends on your agent-- some agents will sell you a 6a for the price and give you a 5a- Carnival does not represent the fact that if you booked a 6a you get nothing lower then that. Someone posted on here not too long ago that the cruise quick people sold her a 5a cabin instead of a 6a cabin.

Same with booking a 8a guarantee-- you will not get a 7a

what is the difference between 2 porthole windows and a picture window?

The port holes are 2 smaller round windows.......you can pretty much just see

what is directly straight in front of the window......nothing to the left or right like you can with the regular outside cabin window......

We had a 5A once.....but would not reccomed one unless someone was just desperate for a little daylight.....otherwise I'd just as soon have an Inside Cabin for the amount of view you get from a porthole.

Guess the difference the poster is talking about is 6A gaur. or an OV gaur.

there is a difference.....with the OV you could end up with a porthole cabin.

what's the difference in the 'A's and b's, ??

Location of decks-- A will be the riveria b will be main.--etc etc

This is only on carnival - each cruise lines have thier own categories. I find carnivals the easiest to understand

I booked a 6a and the picture on carnivals webside says ocean veiw and same as you posted about 5a etc.

Called to confirm and yes we are a 6a and wont get less than that.

I was upgrade from an inside to a 5a on my 1st cruise. The biggest difference is location. All 5a portholes are upfront and you get a lot of motion. In my opinion size of the window made no difference just that the portholes are double paned (2 pieces of glass) and they fogged up between the two-your view was blurry.

Archived