Thoughts on Cruising in February?!?!?!

lilybug23

My DH and I purchased a future cruise certificate on our first cruise we took back in July on the Dream. I cannot wait to go again. We would like to go when there are not so many children on the ship. We would like to do an Eastern itenerary. Does anyone have any suggestions on which ship would be best or any insite into cruising in Feb?

I have cruised in December, January, February and April. I have never found the water too uncomfortable for swimming, etc in any of those months. I have always cruised the Eastern and Western routes. Last year (February) we left out of FLL and we like to have froze to death until we got to Cozumel. BUT - it was wonderful walking around weather in Belize and Roatan, warm but not overly hot/humid. It just wasn't the week for lying about on the ship decks. I think I layed in the sun one day that entire week. We did get in the water in Cozumel and it was nice, a little chilly but nice. By far, I think this was the best cruise that we have taken because it was not sooo hot that you couldn't breathe.

I do not sail in the summer because I live in the South (on a tiny island)and I can experience sub-tropical heat from May-September. I am solar powered by nature and come the winter months, I need warmth and sunshine. So for me January and February are perfect for cruising. :D

I've done most of my cruising in cold weather months - November thru February - and I think the weather is a lot more pleasant in the island then than in the summer. The difference isn't huge - it's going to be warm/hot all year - but winter is less rainy, less humid (especially in places like Mexico or Belize), and just a tiny bit cooler, and taken altogether it's the best time of year to go. Perfect! If you live where I do, even better than perfect, considering the lost opportunity cost :rolleyes::eek::D of sitting at home where it's cold and wet or you're up to your bum (maybe higher) in snow!

Of course, that's why there are so many ships (and crowds) in the islands, especially by February. This winter we're going to have both Oasis and Allure, plus Epic in addition to already present C.Dream, the Freedom OTS twins, three Princess ships, lots of capacity = lots of passengers and who knows, maybe there will be some deals around so that all those berths can be filled.

We're not that far fom winter, anybody getting an especially good value?

Archived