LaQuinta MIA East vs SpringHill Suites MIA South

Scrappygrrl

Hi all -

Trying to keep our extraneous costs low for our upcoming Oct 31 sailing on the Pearl. We arrive LATE on Sat night the 30th (10 pm) w/ a 6 yo in tow, so just need a safe, clean place to lay our heads. Already tried LMT and cannot get the IC for that date (Ironman Miami that weekend).

I have 2 places booked, the LQ East at the airport (71 dollars) includes free shuttle both from the aiport and to the Port the next day, free breakfast. I also have the Springhill Suites South booked (not the medical center location), for $107. Shuttle from Aiport and free breakfast but will pay the taxi flat rate the next day to get to the Port.

So I save approx 50 bucks to stay at the LQ but concerned about mixed reviews.

Has anyone stayed at either place recently? Is it worth 50 bucks more to stay the Springhill Suites? (Also considered Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon and the Embassy Suites, but they average about 20 bucks more a night than Springhill - that's a couple of cocktails or a specialty restaurant cover charge, lol).

TIA!

If all you are planning to do is check in, maybe order pizza or hit the Bennigans for dinner, sleep and head for POM the next day the LQ will be fine and saves you about $50. :D If you want to walk around, shop, explore, etc. then I'd opt for someplace else. Good luck!:)

I have stayed a LQ 2 times with no issue's. Guests sign up for the port shuttle as they check in. Since you are checking in late you will most likely be on the latter shuttles, around 1:30pm. This happened to us and 1:30 was too late for us so we took a cab and was at the port by 11am and on the ship at 12.

Have a great cruise.:)

We won;t even need to eat - we're eting at the airport in PHL before our 6:40 flight. I will have snacks on board for my son. So we just need to hit the hay. Which would hav eme leaning towards the LaQuinta, but if we are going ot be stuck on late shuttle, we'll choose to cab it, which would mak ethe price differential much less a factor. Hmmm....decisions, decisions :D A great decision to have to be stuck with, lol!

Archived