Dream: View from the aft balconies?

SJChaput

I am staying in an aft cabin on deck 8 of the dream. It is an 8N balcony.

Has anyone else who has stayed in a similar room tell me what kind of view you have? I am concerned that looking down I am not going to see ocean only people lounging on deck.

I want a balcony and its the only one left available so I am gonna stick with it but should I expect a nice view of the ocean or am I gonna look down and see another deck?

How was the noise being on Deck 6? Since it's above the lounge, I was hesitant about it.

We have stayed in aft balconies before, and if you stand out at the railing on decks 7 and above you can see down to other people's balconies - but you can totally see the ocean!

Not sure about deck 6 though - Kitt can you comment on that as well? thx!

We really were not bothered by noise. There was one evening that was louder - but really not bad at all. My husband hated the decks above us being able to see down on us. We are early risers and going out on the balcony with coffee to watch the sun rise....ohhhh that's what we wanted. My husband had in mind that the two of us would enjoy it together. Not us, the neighbor above us and the two on the sides. The angle of the dividers made it easy to see the people on either side. So we were saying good morning to people before bed head :eek: was under control.

We are on the Victory this Jan and we booked a Jr Suite on the Lido deck. Side balcony - no seeing people before we want to and close to eveything (including coffee in the morning) :D

That's the only thing that seems annoying about them.

When I had my port side balcony on the Legend when you looked down all you saw was the ocean... Am I seeing this right in the pictures that if you look down you see a public deck?

So if someone is on that deck they can look up and see all the balconies?

Not that its a dealbreaker, I am happy to have the balcony and I am sure I will love it but do you get ZERO privacy on there?

Stop with the pictures already. I’ve had my Vista Deck Aft booked since 11/07/09. I’m finally 39 days away, the excitement is building, the cruise is in sight and now I see these pictures, suddenly the cruise seems a year away again.

I’m so pumped to be sitting on my balcony for sail away. In all seriousness, thank you for sharing, the pictures make it feel more real.

Archived