Carnival Freedom 9-11 Review with lots of pictures!!

aly2445

we're 21 and 22 years old.. you only have to be 21 to book a cruise.

It used to 25!! Interesting. Thats why another poster asked the same question.

(f) Carnival shall refuse boarding to any Guest under the age of twenty-one unless: (1) the Guest is traveling in the same stateroom with an individual twenty-five years or older; (2) traveling in the same stateroom with their spouse; or (3) traveling with a parent or guardian in an accompanying stateroom. Proof of age and/or proof of marriage are required. Carnival shall not be liable to make any refunds or for any damages with respect to any Guest’s failure to provide proper proof of age or marriage or otherwise comply with this provision.

It used to 25!! Interesting. Thats why another poster asked the same question.

(f) Carnival shall refuse boarding to any Guest under the age of twenty-one unless: (1) the Guest is traveling in the same stateroom with an individual twenty-five years or older; (2) traveling in the same stateroom with their spouse; or (3) traveling with a parent or guardian in an accompanying stateroom. Proof of age and/or proof of marriage are required. Carnival shall not be liable to make any refunds or for any damages with respect to any Guest’s failure to provide proper proof of age or marriage or otherwise comply with this provision.

I am glad its not 25 anymore!!! I love cruising! I am soooo addicted now. I was on these boards everyday before the cruise and now everyday after. I already want to plan the next cruise and the bf thinks im crazy!

So after parasailing we found a taxi to take us to sapphire beach for $10 each. So we hopped in and spent about 2 hours at the beach. We ended up spending $50 there alone on transportation (giving a $5 tip each way) so next time, I think we would pick a closer beach to the port and that's also what I would suggest. The beach was nice though, very clear water. It was such a difference between there and south beach in Miami-where I was scared to swim to far in because of my huge fear of sharks!! haha. The water was warm and very refreshing. We were offered drinks and food while there by 2 competing people. We did not have anything though.

Some pictures of the beach-

DSC00996.jpg

DSC00998.jpg

and us (it was very sunny!)

DSC01001_2.jpg

There were also ducks on the beach?? lol

DSC01004.jpg

When we were finished we hopped into an open air taxi and they brought us back to the ship. Where we showered all that sand off of us and changed to get back off the ship for some shopping. Did some of the souvenior shops and were back on the ship by 3:30. We hung around the ship for a while and when 5:45 came around we went out onto our balcony because we heard a lot of commotion. It was all the people that were late coming back on board! We had a lot of fun watching them and hearing everybody cheer for them when they got back on board.

Coming up in a couple hours-dinner time and maybe some exploring!

But there was one time where Dillon ordered a drink and the girl at the bar took his card slid it through and gave him the reciept to sign and then asked for his ID. It was very strange. I had to run back to our cabin to get our ID's. Does anybody know why she would do that? I could have sworn if the cards go through, then that means we're of age.

Great Review - I know it takes a lot of effort to post the pictures and tell us about each day - thanks so much!

Regarding your question above, you are correct - kind of. When they slide the card through it proves that the owner of the card is of age. I know it's hard to believe, but cards do get stolen / borrowed for the express purpose of purchasing refreshing alcoholic beverages. They asked for ID to prove that you are the rightful owner of the card. They probably didn't even look at the birthday on your ID, just your picture.

Keep up the good work, and thanks again!

Bobby

Loving your review, aly - thanks! I love C.Freedom, sailed the Western route last year (Panama, Costa Rica, Belize for us but usually Cozumel) and just loved it - and the ship. So I'm going back on your itin in November & can't wait to get back on Freedom and back to a couple of favorite ports (SJ, St.T.) and a couple of new ones (Antigua, Tortola).

Looking forward to the rest of your story! :)

I LOVE your carefree spirit. Ya'll are adorable. Can I adopt you both?

lol thank you. we felt so young on board! when we were all dressed up for the first elegant night.. everybody was like "look at this cute little couple here!" lol even though we were young, mostly everybody was friendly and were looking to have a good time.

Great review! You guys are such a cute couple...I wish DH and I started cruising when we were younger...we'd definitely be platinum by now!

Sounds like you are officially a "cruise addict"!

I am! The minute we got off the cruise ship I said "I need to post my review on cruise critic!"

My DH and I will be on her (Freedom) on Saturday.. YOUR pics and review are great..

Do you happen to book another cruise while onboard?

We were thinking about it, but we're not sure when we will be able to cruise next. And I know there was the thing where you could put $100 down on a cruise before you know the date of what cruise you wanna go on, but we didn't :(.

There is no doubt in my mind though that we will be cruising again shortly!

I really love your review!!! Was Fort San Christobal in walking distance of the port?

Yes it was! It's about a 10 minute walk at the most I would say if you head straight there-we walked down past a couple shops before we headed up there.

Great Review - I know it takes a lot of effort to post the pictures and tell us about each day - thanks so much!

Regarding your question above, you are correct - kind of. When they slide the card through it proves that the owner of the card is of age. I know it's hard to believe, but cards do get stolen / borrowed for the express purpose of purchasing refreshing alcoholic beverages. They asked for ID to prove that you are the rightful owner of the card. They probably didn't even look at the birthday on your ID, just your picture.

Keep up the good work, and thanks again!

Bobby

Thanks for the answer! We were so confused-nobody else had done that to us and I don't think we were ID'd at all besides that.

So we got ready for dinner, blah blah blah.

Food Pics!

We both had the ceaser salad for our appetitizer.

This was Dillon's main-Penne with shrimp in a creamy sauce (i think) lol

DSC01021.jpg

and my main was a chicken dish with green beans

DSC01023.jpg

I had the warm chocolate melting cake and Dillon had the cheesecake with strawberry sauce

DSC01025.jpg

Then we did some exploring and this is the Dynasty Room-the room where they do wedding ceremonies (i'm pretty sure we saw one in progress when we walked by one time) and they also do other private events.

DSC01026.jpg

and our towel animal for the night

DSC01028.jpg

Archived