Carnival Freedom 9-11 Review with lots of pictures!!

aly2445

and now for some review!

Dining-Loved it. There were so many options for food. Before going, I read a lot of reviews saying the buffet area is terrible and you have to wait in line to get food and etc. Hello?? There are 3000 other people also trying to get food at the same time! Wait a half hour if you can and get some then. lol But honestly, even at 12 noon, I don't think the lines were too long at all. The only time we really had to wait was when we were at the grille getting cheesburgers and it was because they had to finish cooking them. Also, if you didn't want to wait in line, you just go to the MDR and order lunch there if it were being served or go back to your room and get room service. I loved that there were so many options between the Mongolian Grille (which did not have as long a line as everybody said), the Fish & Chips (which we loved)-the fried oysters were delicious, the Tandoor-we had on the first day and it filled us up (also no line there on the first day!), the pizza was alright, and the buffet always had something different for lunch. Maybe I'm just not a complainer about little things cause I don't even realize it when something little happens to me but I give the dining a 5/5. oh and the waiters were fabulous too.

Public Rooms-Yes of course you here everything about the decor being way over the top but I don't know why everybody goes on a cruise and lets the decor bother them?? I never really noticed it enough to complain about it. There was almost always something going on in the public rooms. They had the comedy shows in the internation lounge. We saw Russ Nagel one night and Phat Kat another night. They were both hilarious. Next cruise I will definitly be attending more of the comedy shows. The shows that we saw in the Victoriana Lounge were good-I will also see more shows on my next cruise. Everything was kept very clean.

Cabins-I loved our cabin. Everything was perfect and it was a good size. I honestly thought it was going to be smaller than it actually was. I loved loved loved our balcony. We were always on it, especially at night. There was something really calming and relaxing about sitting out at night in silence just hearing the waves. I loved it! Our room steward LLOYD was fabulous! As remembered our names and spoke with us everyday. He was extremely friendly and always cleaned our room to perfection! He gave us ice twice daily (not like we would complain if we didn't get it at all and I did use the ice).

Entertainment-Always something going on, always something for every age. I was constantly laughing throughout the cruise because everything that was happening just called for laughter! Ryan Fitzgerald was our cruise director and he was great at his job. He was very funny and actually enjoyed his job! After we were off the ship in the airport, at the train station, etc, my boyfriend and I would constantly hear the announcements and we would think that Ryan was going to come over the loud speaker and tell us what was going on! We wished we were back on the cruise right when we got off. The Hairy Chest contest was funny, as was the Mr. and Ms. Freedom Competition. Shows were great, comedians great, and the trivia and other activities were alwaus fun. We liked watching the dance classes also.

Spa & Fitness-I'm sorry to say I didn't take advantage of the spa and fitness area but my boyfriend used the gym one morning. I didn't hear any complaints from him, so I'm sure it was a fine time.

Shore Excursions-We only did one and it was Parasailing in Saint Thomas. It was so much fun! I was nervous at first cause I'm a little scared of heights, but once we got up high it was very quiet and relaxing. I loved it. Next time, I'm definitly going to do another excursion.

Ally...just have to be repetitive here....you and your boyfriend make a wonderful couple. Plus, love your review and the pics. Will be on the Freedom 12/26/10 and your review makes me look forward to it.

Further, what a great attitude you have. Seems like most of what I read is nothing but complaints, on CCL and RCCL boards. You are truly a breath of fresh air.

Thanks!

and now for some review!

Dining-Loved it. There were so many options for food. Before going, I read a lot of reviews saying the buffet area is terrible and you have to wait in line to get food and etc. Hello?? There are 3000 other people also trying to get food at the same time! Wait a half hour if you can and get some then. lol But honestly, even at 12 noon, I don't think the lines were too long at all. The only time we really had to wait was when we were at the grille getting cheesburgers and it was because they had to finish cooking them. Also, if you didn't want to wait in line, you just go to the MDR and order lunch there if it were being served or go back to your room and get room service. I loved that there were so many options between the Mongolian Grille (which did not have as long a line as everybody said), the Fish & Chips (which we loved)-the fried oysters were delicious, the Tandoor-we had on the first day and it filled us up (also no line there on the first day!), the pizza was alright, and the buffet always had something different for lunch. Maybe I'm just not a complainer about little things cause I don't even realize it when something little happens to me but I give the dining a 5/5. oh and the waiters were fabulous too.

Public Rooms-Yes of course you here everything about the decor being way over the top but I don't know why everybody goes on a cruise and lets the decor bother them?? I never really noticed it enough to complain about it. There was almost always something going on in the public rooms. They had the comedy shows in the internation lounge. We saw Russ Nagel one night and Phat Kat another night. They were both hilarious. Next cruise I will definitly be attending more of the comedy shows. The shows that we saw in the Victoriana Lounge were good-I will also see more shows on my next cruise. Everything was kept very clean.

Cabins-I loved our cabin. Everything was perfect and it was a good size. I honestly thought it was going to be smaller than it actually was. I loved loved loved our balcony. We were always on it, especially at night. There was something really calming and relaxing about sitting out at night in silence just hearing the waves. I loved it! Our room steward LLOYD was fabulous! As remembered our names and spoke with us everyday. He was extremely friendly and always cleaned our room to perfection! He gave us ice twice daily (not like we would complain if we didn't get it at all and I did use the ice).

Entertainment-Always something going on, always something for every age. I was constantly laughing throughout the cruise because everything that was happening just called for laughter! Ryan Fitzgerald was our cruise director and he was great at his job. He was very funny and actually enjoyed his job! After we were off the ship in the airport, at the train station, etc, my boyfriend and I would constantly hear the announcements and we would think that Ryan was going to come over the loud speaker and tell us what was going on! We wished we were back on the cruise right when we got off. The Hairy Chest contest was funny, as was the Mr. and Ms. Freedom Competition. Shows were great, comedians great, and the trivia and other activities were alwaus fun. We liked watching the dance classes also.

Spa & Fitness-I'm sorry to say I didn't take advantage of the spa and fitness area but my boyfriend used the gym one morning. I didn't hear any complaints from him, so I'm sure it was a fine time.

Shore Excursions-We only did one and it was Parasailing in Saint Thomas. It was so much fun! I was nervous at first cause I'm a little scared of heights, but once we got up high it was very quiet and relaxing. I loved it. Next time, I'm definitly going to do another excursion.

Aly,

I've enjoyed reading your review and all of your fantastic pictures. Wife and I will be on the Freedom on Oct 31st.

One question, you mentioned having fried oysters. Wife LOVES them. Where are they? And were they available daily?

Oliver

Aly,

I've enjoyed reading your review and all of your fantastic pictures. Wife and I will be on the Freedom on Oct 31st.

One question, you mentioned having fried oysters. Wife LOVES them. Where are they? And were they available daily?

Oliver

They are available at the Fish and Chips station. It is upstairs on deck 10 right above the lido buffet (where the big statue of liberty is). I believe they were available every day. Thanks for reading!

Ally...just have to be repetitive here....you and your boyfriend make a wonderful couple. Plus, love your review and the pics. Will be on the Freedom 12/26/10 and your review makes me look forward to it.

Further, what a great attitude you have. Seems like most of what I read is nothing but complaints, on CCL and RCCL boards. You are truly a breath of fresh air.

Thanks!

Agreed!! I was just thinking the same thing--couldn't have said it better!!:) Wonderful Ally! Bravo!

Aly, Thanks so much for doing this review! My sis and I were on the Freedom last March (Western Itin) and my cousin and I will be doin the Eastern itin (same as you) next May 2011 on the Freedom and now I cant wait!

Excellent pics...I stole a few for my screen saver :p:D

As everyone else says, you two are just the cutest! Thanks for taking the time to do this review and post all those wonderful HUGE pics! I'm not even going on this ship or intinerary in the near future, but I just love a good positive fun review with PICTURES!

Now that you're addicted, I look forward to more reviews from you in the future!

Still Reading. this is a great review and the pictures are awesome. You and your boyfriend are like an ad for Carnival. So happy and having fun. thank you, you are getting me super excited for my cruise on Freedom in November.

Your review is a great example of how a cruise should be enjoyed. Pull out that childlike awe and playfulness buried deep inside you, plan well before you cruise, choose your stateroom carefully, don't let small inconveniences upset you, explore new adventures, try new foods, talk with total strangers, participate, dive in, let yourself go and you will enjoy yourself. Be realistic about your cruise expectations, nothing is perfect, things do happen. If you cruise with a sense of entitlement, you will be disappointed. Pack your humor, imagination, childlike curiosity, flexibility and your brain. Leave your negativity and bad attitude home. Someone will be cleaning up after you all week, making your bed, delivering room service, cooking all your food and washing all the dishes, leaving cute towel animals to greet you, entertain you, dazzle you with shows and demonstrations, then transport you to exotic ports of call.

So glad you took the time to share your special trip. You have set a good example for future cruisers to follow when they return from their cruises. Maybe we'll have more people posting their cruise experiences and photos. Lots of luck to both of you in the future.

Rose

Your review is a great example of how a cruise should be enjoyed. Pull out that childlike awe and playfulness buried deep inside you, plan well before you cruise, choose your stateroom carefully, don't let small inconveniences upset you, explore new adventures, try new foods, talk with total strangers, participate, dive in, let yourself go and you will enjoy yourself. Be realistic about your cruise expectations, nothing is perfect, things do happen. If you cruise with a sense of entitlement, you will be disappointed. Pack your humor, imagination, childlike curiosity, flexibility and your brain. Leave your negativity and bad attitude home. Someone will be cleaning up after you all week, making your bed, delivering room service, cooking all your food and washing all the dishes, leaving cute towel animals to greet you, entertain you, dazzle you with shows and demonstrations, then transport you to exotic ports of call.

So glad you took the time to share your special trip. You have set a good example for future cruisers to follow when they return from their cruises. Maybe we'll have more people posting their cruise experiences and photos. Lots of luck to both of you in the future.

Rose

DITTO :D TWICE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, Aly, for the time and consideration you put into your photos and review. Just a fabulous job! My DH and I were trying to decide between a Carnival Freedom cruise and another one.......YOU were the deciding factor. Thanks so much! Freedom to Limon and Colon....here we come :).

And at the risk of you and Dillon getting heads to big for your bods....Yep, YOU TWO ARE JUST ADORABLE!!!!

Dreaming of Floating..................Again........................................

Rose

Thank you, We appreciate your kind comments.

Rose

Bravo - well said!!!

Archived