NCL Gem Prices going down?

pugsleycat

Hi - My husband and I are thinking about taking the Gem RT from NYC to Florida / Bahamas, leaving 12/25 and returning 1/1. The price is quite high. Does anyone know if the price may be coming down and, if so, how long before the actual cruise may this happen? Any ideas on how to get discounts are appreciated!

Thank you!

Hi - My husband and I are thinking about taking the Gem RT from NYC to Florida / Bahamas, leaving 12/25 and returning 1/1. The price is quite high. Does anyone know if the price may be coming down and, if so, how long before the actual cruise may this happen? Any ideas on how to get discounts are appreciated!

Thank you!

If you want to take this cruise on these dates I would book it. NYC has a very large traveling population that travels during this week....both those who celebrate Christmas and those who don't...so I doubt the supply and demand concept will go in your favor. I am surprised there are even any cabins still available. It will be cold BTW.

If you want a great priced cruise from NYC with this same Itin. try the cruise that leaves on April 24..Easter Sunday...that is the one we are taking because we booked a few months ago and got a great price for our family in 2 cabins. Also, the tri state area public schools will be back in session...something that will not be so during Xmas week.....

Usually if the price is high that means there is great demand. If they are having trouble selling the cruise the prices will come down. If they are having great success selling the cruise the price may go up. I agree, book it now as you may get shut out. Same cruise on the Saturday after Thanksgiving is significantly lower in price. Same great cruise, different week. Just a thought.

Price was even higher when we booked it in the spring for 12/25. Price dropped over the summer and our TA got us the lower price and an upgrade, so we were ecstatic. Christmas week on any cruise is higher than the same cruise any other time. We've paid our full fare at this point, so perhaps you may see a drop in price. But I'd wager that the cruise will be full so they won't be having to drop their price to entice people onto the ship.

We first started looking at this cruise in June. The price went up a bit in July and we booked in August. The price now for our cabin category is now $400 higher for the 4 of us than when we booked. Certain weeks just don't come down. I think the cruise a couple of weeks before is about 1/2 the price. Supply and demand.

They are always playing with the prices trying to get as much as possible. Early in the year they might have been thinking they could get the higher price, so they tried. As bookings looked soft, they lowered them.

Assume you are forced or wanting these dates, which as said, are often higher than other weeks.

My friends had the Gem booked for over a year for a January 2011 cruise. The price was quite high.

When she was reading CC she found out that the Jewel,leaving one day later to the same ports was much less.

She switched, reserved the same suite and saved almost $1500.

Their original Gem cruise has gone up in price, not down.

Might be best to book and then keep checking prices.

Have a nice cruise.

Price was even higher when we booked it in the spring for 12/25. Price dropped over the summer and our TA got us the lower price and an upgrade, so we were ecstatic. Christmas week on any cruise is higher than the same cruise any other time. We've paid our full fare at this point, so perhaps you may see a drop in price. But I'd wager that the cruise will be full so they won't be having to drop their price to entice people onto the ship.

DITTO DITTO DITTO.....its way down now compared to months ago....

Archived