Grand class D734

Kineticoh20

I had D734 for 12 nights in Novemeber on the Grand's Egypt and Aegean Cruise. It was fine by me. My daughter doesn't want to stay in an aft balcony again.

The good part is obviously the balcony. Very large. No wider than normal but definately deeper. Deeper than the caribe deck bb balconys. Probably the same depth as your normal C752.

There is a support pillar on the side of but there's room between it and the railing if you want to sit there or stand. It does create a nice sheltered space if it's windy. But with the depth and no side exposure, there is also mostly shade. Sun would only come in at certain angles.

What you will probably miss is having a side view like you did in your other cabins. There is none since a suite is on the outside.

There was a lot of vibration leaving or coming into port and that's the part that bugged DD. Enought to wake her up. And it's actually the only cruise I've EVER had a use for duct tape. I used it to duct tape the door on the shelves in the closet area. They did vibrate a lot.

Overall it was an ok cabin but I think I prefer being closer to the aft elevators and having a side view. The caribe deck balconys suit me fine.

• 5 months later...

Archived