To those of you who write John Heald with a "cruise critic says this"......

Gypsywych

STOP!

Please!

You're giving us all a bad name.

**** This has been a public service announcement brought to you by your friendly neighborhood whatsit.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programing. Thank you for your attention.:D

CC is so poorly thought of that when I called within the last month to book our roll call a private cocktail party, the one hour event for a reasonable fee, I was told that was no longer available to "Cruise Critic" groups. It is still available to other "groups" but don't mention "Cruise Critic".... thanks to those that helped us make it to this milestone :mad: (and no it was not a misunderstanding, got that part straightened out on the 2nd phone call)

I really enjoy meeting our roll call on this site but I know I'm not alone when I say it's not what it use to be :rolleyes:

CC is so poorly thought of that when I called within the last month to book our roll call a private cocktail party, the one hour event for a reasonable fee, I was told that was no longer available to "Cruise Critic" groups. It is still available to other "groups" but don't mention "Cruise Critic".... thanks to those that helped us make it to this milestone :mad: (and no it was not a misunderstanding, got that part straightened out on the 2nd phone call)

I really enjoy meeting our roll call on this site but I know I'm not alone when I say it's not what it use to be :rolleyes:

Oh now that's just sad.....

I love CC, for many many reasons..... most of them being the people.

A shame that a small few have to screw it up.

If I can ask? Why exactly? Was a reason given?

STOP!

Please!

**** This has been a public service announcement brought to you by your friendly neighborhood whatsit.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programing. Thank you for your attention.:D

+1000000000000

I wish the naysayers would take their toys and go play in another sandbox - it IS getting very old!

I can tell you that a number of these people, minus Long Tall Sally and a few other twits, aren't even Cruise Critic members.

It's amazingly sad that every day I have to defend Cruise Critic before John and the rest of the blogging community.

I swear... I thought for sure I'd miss Cruise Critic when I left... not so sure any more...

:rolleyes:

I can tell you that a number of these people, minus Long Tall Sally and a few other twits, aren't even Cruise Critic members.

It's amazingly sad that every day I have to defend Cruise Critic before John and the rest of the blogging community.

I swear... I thought for sure I'd miss Cruise Critic when I left... not so sure any more...

Aren't CC members or don't use their CC name on the blog? I don't.

Oh you aren't going anywhere, people would hunt you down and drag you back.

I know I don't use my CC name on John's blog, I sign my real first name.

But then again, I try to keep both polite.

Far too many people have joyously, gleefully lifted the anonimity of the internet to new heights of ...... disgusting mannerless.... troll-ism.

Oh now that's just sad.....

I love CC, for many many reasons..... most of them being the people.

A shame that a small few have to screw it up.

If I can ask? Why exactly? Was a reason given?

It was a lot of stumbling and word searching, but this is what I specifically recall "oh, we don't do that for Crusie Critic groups any longer, it, well, just didn't work, it is much better if you select a time and a bar and everyone purchase their own drinks" it just seemed so awkward, so after thinking about it and posting and emailing about it, thinking it could be a misunderstanding of my request, which I stated the exact same way each time but on different days, I left out the words Cruise Critic and asked about booking a private party for my "friends" and received a different response. Also in an informal conversation have been told it's best not to mention CC when referencing our party or trying to add people...

Think that sends a message... and I for one heard it :confused:

It was a lot of stumbling and word searching, but this is what I specifically recall "oh, we don't do that for Crusie Critic groups any longer, it, well, just didn't work, it is much better if you select a time and a bar and everyone purchase their own drinks" it just seemed so awkward, so after thinking about it and posting and emailing about it, thinking it could be a misunderstanding of my request, which I stated the exact same way each time but on different days, I left out the words Cruise Critic and asked about booking a private party for my "friends" and received a different response. Also in an informal conversation have been told it's best not to mention CC when referencing our party or trying to add people...

Carnival told you that?

STOP!

Please!

Thank you so much. I couldn't have said it better myself. I cringe when I read all that crap and think "that person doesn't speak for me!!!"

One of the members on our role call requested a meeting place for our group through John Heald. The member made no attempt to hide the fact that we were coordinating our plans through Cruise Critic and John Heald was most accommodating setting up a meet and greet location for us. We cruise in 10 days so I can't say that this is in the bag, but this is the first I have heard about any prejudice toward Cruise Critic.

Carnival told you that?

Carnival told ME that.

They will not accept cocktail party requests directly from Cruise Critic groups.

In other words, unless a roll call has booked through a TA they will not be permitted to add the cocktail party.

The reason? No control. Too many Cruise Critic roll calls have booked parties and had more people there than the number paid for.

Bottom line... abuse the system and the system will exclude you.

Carnival told ME that.

They will not accept cocktail party requests directly from Cruise Critic groups.

In other words, unless a roll call has booked through a TA they will not be permitted to add the cocktail party.

The reason? No control. Too many Cruise Critic roll calls have booked parties and had more people there than the number paid for.

Bottom line... abuse the system and the system will exclude you.

So if we call and want to arrange cocktail party we do it on our own and collect money from the other guests. Does not sound like a big deal actually.

Have done this a few times and never a problem. Always wondered why Carnival did not give out wristbands or anything to make sure no crashers.

Archived