Miracle Refurbished 2009

FL LuluBelle

It was put into drydock to repair a broken azipod. Probably did some extra cleaning and minor fixes since it was there. But nothing major changed.

I was on the last sailing before she went in. Two cruises after mine where canceled with somewhat short notice. So I considered myself lucky.

Here is what has been done in dry docks.

Ship Refurbishments and Renovations

Renovations completed during drydock: 2/25/09-3/13/09

Internet WIFI access will be bow-to-stern

Circle C Lounge – addition of a lounge for teens (12-14) on Main Deck 4 forward.

Renovations completed during drydock: 4/08/07-4/18/07

New nine-hole miniature golf course on Sports Deck 11 Forward.

New Teen Club (Club O2) on Sun Deck 10 Forward.

It was put into drydock to repair a broken azipod. Probably did some extra cleaning and minor fixes since it was there. But nothing major changed.

I was on the last sailing before she went in. Two cruises after mine where canceled with somewhat short notice. So I considered myself lucky.

I just looked up azipod in the online dictionary and found no definition.....what is it? Just so i know for the future.

I just looked up azipod in the online dictionary and found no definition.....what is it? Just so i know for the future.

Hope I can explain this correctly as we just came off NCL Jewel and it is being drydocked for same issue.

The captain showed us pictures during our bridge tour (wish I had taken a pic of the pic). For lack of a better word it's the propeller system that helps run the ship. The propellers on it are 20 feet in diameter. These units are able to turn 360 degrees thus helping the captain to better manuever the ship in and out of the ports. As he told us, no more need for tugboats. From the gist of it all it seems as though the bearings in these has the tendency to go.

We were on Miracle in 2008 when they were changing our itinerary due to the problem. Ship was very noisy when you were sitting in the MDR. While Jewel has similar problem, it was not noisy at all in the MDR.

Hope I can explain this correctly as we just came off NCL Jewel and it is being drydocked for same issue.

The captain showed us pictures during our bridge tour (wish I had taken a pic of the pic). For lack of a better word it's the propeller system that helps run the ship. The propellers on it are 20 feet in diameter. These units are able to turn 360 degrees thus helping the captain to better manuever the ship in and out of the ports. As he told us, no more need for tugboats. From the gist of it all it seems as though the bearings in these has the tendency to go.

We were on Miracle in 2008 when they were changing our itinerary due to the problem. Ship was very noisy when you were sitting in the MDR. While Jewel has similar problem, it was not noisy at all in the MDR.

Thank You! :)

Archived